Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Election ??.. How will you vote in Donegal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The latest odds can be viewed here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Interesting (but OT) - Mary Harney is odds-on to lose her seat. With an ass like that, I dunno how they'd ever take it from under her! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

So...

So far in Donegal SW, Mary Coughlan and Pat "The Cope" Gallagher have been elected. Next seat will be between Pearse Doherty and Dinny McGinley.

Nobody elected in Donegal NE as yet after 3 counts...

Joe McHugh has the most votes so far, but sure it's all to play for!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Dinny McGinley has been elected in SW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Joe Mchugh elected after the 5th count in Donegal NE, Dr James McDaid after the 7th, Mcdaids surplus got Blaney 3rd spot in what was a very tight race with Padraig MacLochlainn.

FF very lucky to get 2 seats even with over 50% of the vote. Glad its over been a long day and a decent result in the end, bar the except of Keaveney losing her seat.

quota = 9637
    McHUGH, Joe = 10,034 Surplus of 397 Elected after 5th count.
    McDAID, James = 10,008 Surplus of 371 Elected after 7th Count
    BLANEY, Niall = 9439 quota not met, Elected after 8th count
    MacLOCHLAINN, Pádraig = 8876

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think the people of Donegal NE chose pretty well in the end. There was a definite demand for new blood with the emphatic election of McHugh, the people showed they wanted change.
    SF failed to make quota, much to my surprise, and I'm glad to see it!
    Blaney, for all his failings certainly deserved a seat more than Keavney, hes worked hard for Fanad which is a pretty hard-done-by part of the country.
    Meanwhile, the old guard kept McDaid in his seat, who'd want to upset that status quo that brings Letterkenny such fantastic gifts as the Bernard McGlinchey town park.

As Jimmeh said, a decent result in the end, and I think it's the best one given the choice of candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yeah, I think the people of Donegal NE chose pretty well in the end. There was a definite demand for new blood with the emphatic election of McHugh, the people showed they wanted change.
    SF failed to make quota, much to my surprise, and I'm glad to see it!
    Blaney, for all his failings certainly deserved a seat more than Keavney, hes worked hard for Fanad which is a pretty hard-done-by part of the country.
    Meanwhile, the old guard kept McDaid in his seat, who'd want to upset that status quo that brings Letterkenny such fantastic gifts as the Bernard McGlinchey town park.

As Jimmeh said, a decent result in the end, and I think it's the best one given the choice of candidates.

Totally agree ;) . Along with the SW results.

P.:cool:

Paddy20 wrote:
    Totally agree ;)

^^^

Imposter! What did you do with the real Paddy20? :D

Advertisement