Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Leap

Options
  • 01-05-2007 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

hi there,
    i used to always watch quantum leap, but i never seen how the series ended, i did see some other program that said he met a man who was controlling his leaps (in a bar??)
    could anyone give me a run down of the last episodes??
    did he get to go home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I'm afraid not. I was 12 at the time and utterly devastated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's a pretty detailed synopsis of the final episode here, just scroll down a bit:

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/episodeguide/mirrorimage.htm

The episode was originally meant to have a cliffhanger for the next season but then the show got cancelled and it was re-edited to be the series finale. So the show didn't really get a proper ending sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

strange, i thought he would get to go home, just to finish the show off nicely.
    but of course, they probably left him leaping so they have the chance to do another series.

remember anything else about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

thanks for that,
    read the first part, but then realized that i'll maybe wait and buy the DVD's on ebay, it's a show i'd like to watch from the begining again, and the dvd's are't dear.

but its just a pity the show ended badly (from the sound of it)

thanks again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It didn't end badly at all, that last episode was brilliant imo, very moving stuff. It just wasn't a full resolution, lots of loose ends etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Hey, this is weird. I just came along to this section to make a Quantum Leap appreciation thread.

It was my favourite show as a teenager and I used to love the repeats on Sci-fi channel at the weekends. Haven't sen it on TV at all over the last while.

The last show really did wnd with a cliff hanger but it was probably better to leave the fans thinking rather than give a difinitive answer to all of the questions.

Am I right in thinking that Sam's daughter was actually one of the people controlling his mission? (I have this vague recollection of some episode where something like this hapens) and because his mind clears of previous memories each time he leaps he didn't remember.

Ah well, great show, they should do a Quantum Leap movie where Sam finally makes the leap home.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Cainer wrote:
    Hey, this is weird. I just came along to this section to make a Quantum Leap appreciation thread.

It was my favourite show as a teenager and I used to love the repeats on Sci-fi channel at the weekends. Haven't sen it on TV at all over the last while.

The last show really did wnd with a cliff hanger but it was probably better to leave the fans thinking rather than give a difinitive answer to all of the questions.

Am I right in thinking that Sam's daughter was actually one of the people controlling his mission? (I have this vague recollection of some episode where something like this hapens) and because his mind clears of previous memories each time he leaps he didn't remember.

Ah well, great show, they should do a Quantum Leap movie where Sam finally makes the leap home.......

Good show, good ending if a little weird and unexpected. It was kinda hinted that the character controlling his leaping was supposed to be God or something.
    But I think they had shot most of the episode before they knew it would be the final one and had to make adjustments. It was a bit of a Poochie the dog ending: the screen went black and basically the words
    "PS, Dr. Beckett never made it home"
    appeared.
    On the sci fi channel reruns 2 - 3 years ago, they showed the last one on xmas day. I saw it by accident.
    There was supposed to be an updated spin off of the show (A bold Leap forward or something) but I don't think it ever got passed the concept stage.

Advertisement