Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sly and the Family Stone - long awaited box-set / reissues out now!

Options
  • 01-05-2007 8:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

7 cd box-set includes remastered albums (also available individually) A Whole New Thing, Dance to the Music, Life, Stand, There's a Riot Goin' On, Fresh and Small talk. All featuring bonus tracks, liner notes etc.

I only own There's a Riot, Stand and the Essential collection so I'm currently trying to track these down in Sydney, but they're available anywhere online (amazon.com etc.) and I understand bestbuy have bundled in a rather useless but collecters type bonus dvd. Note that they don't ship outside the USA though.

Allmusic did a great article to coincide with this release:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=ADFEAEE57D17D94FAE7620D4872D54C5B174E006D155FFAE192D521BD8B02D4CA53773C365E7B981B5E577B166ADFF2EA3160DD9CAEA5CFCDB765D40&sql=61::74XP

(mods feel free to move to soul/funk/r'n'b but I don't think enough people visit there and this I feel really deserves special attention)

Advertisement