Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colour for "big boys room"

Options
  • 01-05-2007 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

We are in the process of turning our upstairs into a den. We have all the things we need for it. It's quite a large space (around 1000sqft) and it's longer than it is wide. I having problems choosing colours for the walls. I don't want red or cream as we have that downstairs a lot, I have a kind of bluey green tealy colour that I was going to put on the two end walls and on the chimney breast that runs up through there, but I have no idea what colour to put on the long walls. I was thinking of a kind of fawn colour but don't know where to start looking. Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

while colour is alot about personal taste, and you may prefer creamier shades, I love some shades of quite pale french grey/dove grey which I think look surprisingly warm, and will reflect light... and would pick up the teale colour quite well too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xmaslove

thanks for that I'll try to get testers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you can find the teal colour on one of those strip colour cards you may find that the lighter colours on the same card will be toning shades for the teal.

Advertisement