Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Motor Racing for as little as €2K!!!

• 01-05-2007 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

The Fiat Motorsport Club runs three Irish Championships:
    The Dunlop Fiat Uno Cup
    The Punto 1400 Cup
    The Punto Abarth Cup.

Uno racing cars are available from as little as €2,000!:eek:

For further information, championship information and pictures go to:
    www.fiat-motorsport-club.bebo.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hmmm, tempting. What about the cost of consumables? Track time? Entry fees? gear? It'll probably sting a lot more when all of the above are figured in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Great idea with the Bebo, almost makes me want to get a Fiat... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

Well done Leo. It's ok...... I suppose.:D

If I used my initiative and set up an F5 one it would be sooooooooooooo much better. Anyhoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Old friend of mine is racing unos, only noticed through your bebo page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

I've raced the Unos, few years ago now and I now race in the Punto Abarths.

As an introduction to motorsport you won't find a better class...

The cars are cheap to buy and run and very easy to maintain and work on yourself.... Lot of commradery in the class as most competitors are newcomers who are all helping each other find their feet.

After moving up to the premier Fiat class I have gone and bought myself another Uno for doing the odd race in such is draw of the class...

If you don't wanna go to all the expense there are cars available for rent on a per race or season basis.

Do it, you'll love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

Have a few people looking for Unos now so if anyone has one they want to sell, get in touch!!
    Could be 20 cars on the grid soon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Due to lack of garage space and a new project in the wings, I'm selling my Uno!!

Freshly rebuilt engine, all new steering components, new wishbones, new pads discs lines and fluid.

Ready to go.

E2k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

All sounds like a lot of fun!

What is the total cost of doing something like this? I would love to get involved in racing but have no mechanical skills etc so I would need to pay for it.

What are the other costs involved? fuel, entry fees, license etc? Is this the cheapest way to go racing?

First time poster - forgive me if this has been covered before...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

mack1 wrote:
    All sounds like a lot of fun!

What is the total cost of doing something like this? I would love to get involved in racing but have no mechanical skills etc so I would need to pay for it.

What are the other costs involved? fuel, entry fees, license etc? Is this the cheapest way to go racing?

First time poster - forgive me if this has been covered before...
    Actually, it would make an excellent sticky: "So you want to start competing".

Entries for Mondello are e210 this year (Kirkistown is a bit cheaper but I haven't been up there this year), license is ~110 for the license itself but you'll need to do an introductory course before. I have no idea how much this costs but check out http://www.motorsportireland.com/

Advertisement