Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kate Moss @ Topshop - did you buy any?

• 01-05-2007 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe people queued overnight to get their hands on the Kate Moss collection :rolleyes:

I got up at 7am as normal, for work. Expected everything to be sold out online but I was able to get two pairs of sunglasses and a pair of shorts from her collection!

It's a bit unfair that you have to buy everything in the same size or they won't process your order - a lot of women are a size bigger in tops if they have a larger bust, for instance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Had a look at the stuff online and wasn't hugely impressed. Might take a stroll down after work to see if there's anything left to have a look at in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

eth0_ wrote:
    It's a bit unfair that you have to buy everything in the same size or they won't process your order - a lot of women are a size bigger in tops if they have a larger bust, for instance.

That's ridiculous! What a stupid rule.

I'm not overly impressed from what I've seen of her collection in magazines and on the Topshop website. I was actually quite surprised at how boring, and in my opinion, not very wearable the collection is; and I am a fan of both Topshop and Kate Moss. Perhaps the clothes look better in real life.
    That said, there was one dress that I really liked, but to be honest I don't think I'd buy it because everyone will be wearing it, and that just pi**es me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I just bought the sunglasses with the swallows on. I was looking for a new pair, and they're really cute. The only other thing I want from the collection is the white shirt but I don't think it's out for a few weeks yet. Overall i'm really unimpressed by it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Heehee - my sis rang me this morning from Topshop in London said there was no one there and what did I want! :)
    It will be a 'surprise' :D

Looks like you can buy online too - did you have a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I went into to stephens green at seven this morning. I was about 20th in the queue so nothing was sold out when I got there. What a huge dissapointment though! Not being big headed or anything but most things look really well on me. Nothing in her collection looked nice on me at all!
    Firstly the sizes are tiny! Im usually a ten but the 12's just about fitted. Im six foot but the length of the 'dresses' would even cover a dwarfs butt.

I went in speciffcally for two items.This dress
    kmtpshpel0_0.jpg
    and the now infamous black one untitled.jpg

The white one looks absolutley nothing like it does there and fits horribly. The way It catches the light makes it looks really nice in her pictures but its a very dull colour in reality.
    The black dress I think would only look good only on kate moss. I brought one in a size 10 anyway cos It was the last one there and there sold out throughoutthe UK so If anyone wants it feel free to pm me.

The rest of the stuff in the collection was fairly bland. Stella mcCartneys collection at Hand M was a lot more innovative and people friendly.

My advice: Dont buy If you have neither the body,shape and size of Miss Moss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭catherine22

i went online and bought a pair of avaitor sunglasses, i was looking new sunglasses and thought may as well have them. i bought mine at lunchtime, i thought they would have been sold out but they werent either there is loads available or the demand isnt there. not everyone looks like kate moss. one thing i did notice about online was that the whole collection wasnt there. the red dress she wore last night in the window of oxford street wasnt available online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I noticed a couple of things arent online- the one-shoulder ruffled dress for example. Some of the clothes are pretty much exact copies of designer stuff she's worn, hardly original. The plain vests are selling for 4 times the retail price on eBay!!! The only thing I'd be interested in is the floral printed top, it's available as a dress as well.

Sure there'll be copies in all the shops within 2 weeks anyway.

They only released some of the collection this week, I think there'll be more every 2 weeks for the next month or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Was really disappointed by the collection, thought that the quality of the material of most of the items was horrific, I thought that it was going to be superior quality material, which might justify the higher prices.

The one item that I liked was the grey and black corset tshirt, but again, material felt so awful and cheap, so I left it.

Most of the items were really similar to topshops own stuff, a lot of it is inspired by Miss Moss, so why bother paying higher prices for essentially the same stuff?!

I like some designer/highstreet collaberations, such as H&M's: Karl Lagerfield, Stella McCarthney and Vicktor&Rolf, but Kate Moss & Topshop was overhyped, but underperformed.

becah wrote:

The one item that I liked was the grey and black corset tshirt, but again, material felt so awful and cheap, so I left it.

I really liked that top too but It looked just awful on!I brought back my dress yesterday and the staff at Topshop said that many people were dissapointed with the range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Yea, I'm going to steal the idea though and get a nice black corset and try it with similar tshirts underneath!
    I'm not suprised that so many people are disappointed, I hear she's doing 3 more collections, so hopefully they might improve a bit!

I got an email from Topshop on Wednesday saying all the items I had ordered were out of stock. GRRR.

Went into Topshop Stephens Green yesterday and they had pretty much EVERY ITEM in stock. I didn't get the shorts and top I had my eye on because they were really awful in real life. Just got the sunglasses with the swallows on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

I had not interest in queuing for this range anything because even on the web it looked terrible and would only fit a size 2. Happened to be in topshop last night. In the flesh the range was worse than imagined. Really horrible design. Everything for the ad campaign was still available so its hardly selling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Was it worth KM's while doing this at all, I wonder? She lost her mystique by doing interviews and now it seems the clothes aren't great, either...

What do you think?

Personally, I think that a lot of the stuff that looks great on her would look terrible on the vast majority of people due to differences in build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

eth0_ wrote:
    Can't believe people queued overnight to get their hands on the Kate Moss collection :rolleyes:

I got up at 7am as normal, for work. Expected everything to be sold out online but I was able to get two pairs of sunglasses and a pair of shorts from her collection!

Throwing your eyes up to heaven abotu people queing for clothes from kate moss and are online shopping for the same clothes at 7.30am before work.

Where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i had a look at the clothes in real life and they were just horrible and overpriced.i was on ebay later that day and its insane how much some of the stuff is selling for!

ntlbell wrote:
    Throwing your eyes up to heaven abotu people queing for clothes from kate moss and are online shopping for the same clothes at 7.30am before work.

Where to start.

Obviously I am a saddo because I took literally two minutes out of my day - when I was online anyway - to buy the pair of sunglasses I wanted :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

the only item i'd want is the cream tshirt with the K.
    the fact my name begins with a K probably adds to why i want it
    but 40 quid for a tshirt is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

I just don't think the stuff is very wearable, even if you have Kate Moss' body...and lets face it, if you have that kind of body anything is wearable.

I was out last night in town (Dublin) and I saw a girl wearing the black dress...she was normal sized (like a 12 or 14) and it just didn't look nice at all. It looked cheap, and if you have any boobs I think the neckline is really unflattering.

Don't believe the hype people! (Although some of the accessories do look nice...;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I agree that the white dress looks simply awful up close - see what a little camera magic and japery will do for you!

Personally, I'm not too impressed with non-designers creating collections for fashion chains. Lily Allen, Madonna, Kylie, and other people I haven't even *HEARD* of are all being signed up to promote their lines. There are rumours afoot that Moss only loaned her name to this project, and her involvement was kept to an absolute minimum by the Top Shop heads. But that's all for another thread innit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

had a quick look in topshop in stephens green. that white dress is AWFUL. anything that is wearable is just stuff like vest tops that are nothing special anyway. some of the accessories are nice, but nothing to go mad over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

went to liffey valley on sunday and was very unimpressed they had very little of the collection (not that any was sold out they just had one small stand devoted to the stuff.) I had bought a lovely black top in awear for 6 euro and teh on ein topshop was teh same but was 18 euro - because it had 3 white buttons!. They also had a tshirt with a k on it which was nice but not worth the price as cheap material and a gold skirt that was ridiculously wrong. As for the size rule - im a 6-8 on top and an 8-10 on the bottom are topshop going to lecture me cos my ass is bigger than my top half good luck to em that rule put me right off buying anything anyway! I did see a dress in the paper that looked nice but no sign of that in liffey val

louisecm wrote:
    I

I was out last night in town (Dublin) and I saw a girl wearing the black dress...she was normal sized (like a 12 or 14) and it just didn't look nice at all. It looked cheap, and if you have any boobs I think the neckline is really unflattering.
    )

I was going to wear mine out last week but It just looked so awful I had to bring it back. Im only a 34c but my boobs were squeezing out of it!

As regards the white dress I had to ask the shop assistant If it was the same one that was on the website and she assured me it was. They look like two completly different dresses.

Il be sticking to pennys from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

panda100 wrote:
    I was going to wear mine out last week but It just looked so awful I had to bring it back. Im only a 34c but my boobs were squeezing out of it!

As regards the white dress I had to ask the shop assistant If it was the same one that was on the website and she assured me it was. They look like two completly different dresses.

Il be sticking to pennys from now on!
    At least you had the good sense to realise that it wasn't flattering and returned it! I know there are lots of fools out there who would wear it just because its Kate Moss for Topshop.

Advertisement