Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Venus Fly Trap on Southside

Options
  • 01-05-2007 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to buy one of those Venus Fly Trap plants. I'm new to the Southside so don't know where the nearest garden centre is to me.
    Leopardstown/Sandyford/Foxrock area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

fletch wrote:
    Hi
    I want to buy one of those Venus Fly Trap plants. I'm new to the Southside so don't know where the nearest garden centre is to me.
    Leopardstown/Sandyford/Foxrock area?

I think I saw them in Woodies in Carrickmines at the weekend. You could also try Woodies in Sandyford.

There is also a garden centre in cornelscourt village, as well as a garden centre in the Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt (no idea how good Dunnes is).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

Cool don't know why I forgot about the woodies at Carrickmines, will give that a go on my way home, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I bought one that lasted 4 years. The trick is to keep them well bathed in water, they'll look after foodstuff's themselves. Enjoy it, it's a particularly bizarre plant and very ... 'entertaining' for want of a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

lol thanks ned....my sister has one and the enjoyment I used to get out of picking up dead flies and dropping them into its jaws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I got one last Sunday in Woodies on the Naas Road. €5.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Just came across this little collection of seeds for 10 varieties of carnivorous plants. Thinking of getting them...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I got two about 1 month ago in woodies, from advice here i have kept them soaked in rain water, they are doing well as they were not in great shape when i bought them, one of them has sprouted what looks like a seed pod shoot. They seem to drop off but grow new jaws very quickly.

Advertisement