Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optometrist needed - reglasing

Options
  • 01-05-2007 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All - I bought a very expensive pair of eyeglasses in the US prior to moving here. I love the frames and need to have the lenses changed to reflect my new prescription.

Specsavers, etc. wont do it...("it's like bringing your own steak to a restruant and asking them to cook it for ya")

Does anyone know of a good optometrist in the Dublin/Wicklow area that will?

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'll ask my daughter- she does that eyeball stuff up in the "Big City"! What frames have you got? (as many details/part number etc etc you can get from them - although you'll probably need some other specs to read them!)

Provided the frames are in good condition, She sees no reason why any decent optometrist would not agree to swap the lenses. If you need any other details, PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've never heard of an optician not allowing you to re-use your existing frames. They'll charge you for the lenses anyway so I don't see how it would be a problem. I've re-used frames before with Specsavers in Limerick, the frames were from a local optician where I'm from and they were fine so I just got new lenses.

It varies from place to place, depending on what frame of mind they're in when you ask them (excuse the pun). There's a big margin in frames and some of them don't want to waste their time for a small return.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Specsavers are useless. I'd say if you tried a small, private opticians, they'd be more likey to oblige. My optician even put prescription lenses into a cheapie plastic sunglasses frame I really liked.

• Advertisement

I reckon that the OP must have been abducted by aliens as he never came back to read all our helpful suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have a nice set of frameless frames that I want to reglaze. Who in Dubin city can do this for a reasonable price (which I would regard to be about 100 euros)?

Advertisement