Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me about this, Banking with An Post??

Options
  • 01-05-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I heard that An Post has a new service called postbank which will allow you to bank in your local post office, Does anyone know the website or have any info on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Salesman to me - "Hi, We're launching Postbank today. Here's a leaflet all about it. We got the best deposit rate in the market"
    Me to salesman - "Are you sure about that"
    Salesman to me - "Yeah, its the best rate in the market"
    Me to salesman - "What about Rabo? or BOI?"
    Salesman to me - "You can't withdraw on demand"
    Me to salesman - "O really :rolleyes: " (Walk off)

You've got to love salesmen; they'll have no problem with all the grannies telling them about the great rate they have.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In fairness, first day cock ups are hardly surprising anywhere. 3.3% is still a lot better than what the standard post office account pays so if the grannies move their deposits from one to the other, good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Tbh, its a valid claim if its the best interest rate for a non-notice deposit account. (no idea if it is though)

Advertisement