Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sinn Féin thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Tristrame wrote:
    I don't need death and distruction carried out in my name and the majority of the people of this island without their permission explained to me thanks.

Like I said long may you have the privilige of maintaining that moral high ground.

You dont have to get your hands dirty so dont, I would just prefer you refrained from casting wide sweeping statements about events you never had to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Tristrame wrote:
    Bull.The Ira went way beyond defending nationalists.

Where they justified in doing even that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm Sinn Fein/IRA I'm honestly torn

On one hand they have shown they actively support gay rights (thought that way have just been acase of anything the loyalists are against we're for).

Their also more like what FF where like in working class areas, very local community orientated.

Always good fokes to chat to about the local drug dealer.

but on the other hand

Their muderers

They actively undermine the state

They muderer gardi while talking about crime prevention

Their only good to char to about the local drug dealer if the local drug dealer is paying his percentage to the IRA/INLA/Whatever for protection.

Most of the grass roots support are thick as mud sheep. And one run in with some Ra' head throwing his weight around is enough to make anybody see that.

Their economic policies are as backwards as the greens.

on second thought I'm not really torn at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tristrame wrote:
    yeah right whatever.
    As I said to you before,I didn't come down in the last shower and for the record I don't care who you vote for and the best of good luck to you.
    You are always there though in these types of conversations with the ifs and the buts which is text book apologism.
    You can dress it up whatever way you like to suit yourself but don't expect a lack of comment on it when you post it.
    That won't happen.
    No ifs or buts here, which might not suit you but I have stated my opinion quite clear and if all you can come up it is "yeah right whatever" I think that finishes that discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ulster9

Tristrame wrote:
    Bull.The Ira went way beyond defending nationalists.They murdered bombed and shot their way around for decades using the name of the Irish people.They knocked back what we have now in the north by 20 years or more by increasing the hatrids.
    They never had our permission for that.

A point i would like to make for those in their ivory towers who like to pontificate.An experience i had many years ago on a golf course in Tyrone.A british army helicopter landed in a field close by and soldiers jumped out and made their way towards us on a green.They were looking for somebody and asked one of the guys with us quite aggresively did we see anybody.I remember he answered no in a nervous kind of way( as we had seen nobody around).And all of a sudden they had him on the ground with the end of a rifle in his mouth and shouting are you sure at him.It was terrifying for us all.They saw it as funny laughing among themselves as they walked away.The guy was a friend of my cousin and he was well upset and shook up.I was only 14 at the time and he was a few years older.
    I m sure this was only one of thousands of experiences that drove many nationalists into the IRA.I for one would have been too chicken to join the IRA but can understand why many did.Many Sinn Fein reps in the North are former IRA members and are held with high regard in their communities.
    Sure most irish people wanted the IRA to stop their violence but without dialogue it would have just been the nationalist community bending the knee and accepting their second class status.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Zambia232 wrote:
    Like I said long may you have the privilige of maintaining that moral high ground.

You dont have to get your hands dirty so dont, I would just prefer you refrained from casting wide sweeping statements about events you never had to experience.
    You won't be telling anyone here not to comment.
    irish1 wrote:
    No ifs or buts here, which might not suit you but I have stated my opinion quite clear and if all you can come up it is "yeah right whatever" I think that finishes that discussion.
    I think we can translate what he said as a simple I don't believe you.Everybody is entitled to say that.
    Ulster9 wrote:
    Did the rebels of 1916 have permission?
    So you accept that there was no permission.Good because there wasnt.
    As for 1916,if you want to apply the rules of then to the last decades of that century,you should also dump the rest of the progress technology wise and society wise that came betwenn then and now.
    republicans have nothing to apologise for
    you must have missed their apology then -Cold and unfeeling but one none the less.

Anyhow I've seen this merry go round many times.
    The chuckies are not for changing but yes they are on a discussion forum here so rightly should expect their unusual world view to be challenged.

Thread closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ulster9

Boston wrote:
    Hmm Sinn Fein/IRA I'm honestly torn

On one hand they have shown they actively support gay rights (thought that way have just been acase of anything the loyalists are against we're for).

Their also more like what FF where like in working class areas, very local community orientated.

Always good fokes to chat to about the local drug dealer.

but on the other hand

Their muderers

They actively undermine the state

They muderer gardi while talking about crime prevention

Their only good to char to about the local drug dealer if the local drug dealer is paying his percentage to the IRA/INLA/Whatever for protection.

Most of the grass roots support are thick as mud sheep. And one run in with some Ra' head throwing his weight around is enough to make anybody see that.

Their economic policies are as backwards as the greens.

on second thought I'm not really torn at all at all.

You know jacks**t mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Ulster9 wrote:
    You know jacks**t mate
    Banned for a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement