Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections & I can't join in. Why?

Options
  • 01-05-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey all, mabe someone out there knows. Why UK citizens are allowed to vote in Dail and EU citizens not!:confused: I want to vote as well....cryyyyy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

4 threads on this in varying regional boards. I'm not even sure if this is the correct board for this thread. Either way miriam, don't spam your duplicate threads any more on boards.ie thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 miriam

what is your problem?? I have an reasonable general question to all people, so why are you so irritated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Can irish people vote in yoour home countries election?

We can in the uk aand they can here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 miriam

Well, that makes sence now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

The UK and Ireland have traditionally strong links (whether we like it or not.) The rules about how Irish people can vote in UK elections and vice versa were drafted long, long before the EU was even in the coal and steel business.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement