Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Khali (Raw spoiler)

• 01-05-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

Could khali be a believable champion?
    He's got the size and power but no charisma that i've seen. For that reason i believe that he shouldn't become champion. He couldn't really cut any promo's cause he doesn't have the personality to handle a mic. The set up was with the undertaker when he first appeared and he got his ass whopped.

But is there anyone on RAW who could do that. Cena would be an obvious choice but could you really believe Cena could overcome the size and strength advantage Khali would have. Another possibility would be to turn Umaga face and have him feud but cause of Khali' s sheer size i don't think its believable because of Umaga's size and style. he's a brwaler not a technical or quick wrestler. Maybe when Mark Henry returns or move batista or Kane back to RAW....Who knows they may even bring back lesner or the big show to beat him.

For the undertaker as champion its believable because he's more athletic. He's not portrayed as this invincible giant. Which seems the current angle for Khali

So what do ye think....Should Khali be a contender or Champion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

neither, he should be shown the door. He doesn't have talent, charisma, a good gimick or even heat at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

NO!!!!
    Brutal! Get rid of him now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ECW champion maybe because Lashley is a charisma black hole as well. At least Khali has the height and build ot be indestructable. Lashley is just boring.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Lashley grew on me though over time, his ring perfomances are solid and he has tried to cut promos, some weak but some adequate enough.

Khali brings nothing to the table. His build does nothing to compensate for the language barrier, bad selling, poor mobility and extremely limited moveset. Cena has had some good matches recently but this is disaster of a match waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

He's a contender in the same way Yokozuna was 15 years ago. He gets over on size alone. Obviously he sucks in the ring but that won't stop him getting a title shot at least. The only thing is, if he beats Cena, who is going to take the title off him?
    He really should still have Daivari as his mouthpiece, I love his promos when he goes off on one, speaking Iraqi or whatever.

Anyone notice the No Remorse Corps sign, and the Most Money Making Man one too? In TNAland (Nashville) it's kinda strange to see more ROH related signs in the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yokozuna was 10times more talented than Khali. If you really want to make a comparison to a past talent look no further than Giant Gonzales.

Yokozuna was way better than Khali but my point is a guy of his size should, theoretically, kill everyone around him so in that aspect, yes Khali is a contender. He would make a believable champion. It would make for terrible business and I can't see it happening but it could happen. We're gonna have to rally our hopes on Cena though to make sure it doesn't happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

First off, I don't see Khali ever getting the belt. If he did, it would be for a very short time.

I think people are too harsh on him in some ways. Nobody can deny he's brutal in the ring (although I'd watch him over Gonzalez).

However, I can see why they'll push the guy. He's a giant, giant man with a fantastic look that they have protected very well.

I also like his promos. Its random nonsense and thats perfect for a monster.

There are plenty of wrestlers who were terrible workers in the traditional sense, but still drew money as big freakish attractions. I'm not saying I want to see 50 Giant Khalis on my tv screen. I can put up with 1 though in small doses and I like seeing wrestlers look differently instead of having every guy on the roster looking the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Lashley is a charisma black hole
    VR!
    hey no racism, thats uncalled for! oh right sorry i get you now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

khalie is the worst thing in wwe right now its actuall embarassing watching him wrestle,i didnt bother watching the match with kane at mania i went and bought tshirts and food,the crowd were chanting boring! 2 mins into it and most people were reading programs or chatting to each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

krudler wrote:
    khalie is the worst thing in wwe right now its actuall embarassing watching him wrestle,i didnt bother watching the match with kane at mania i went and bought tshirts and food,the crowd were chanting boring! 2 mins into it and most people were reading programs or chatting to each other
    why is khalie still there ?the giant can't wrestle and talk

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

why is khalie still there ?the giant can't wrestle and talk

He did an okay job in The Longest Yard ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think if he got a manager or fought with a charachter like the Hurricane it would push him. He just needs someone to carry him. My suggestion would be to put him in a tag team with goldust

Your saying that little Gregory Helms would be able to carry Khali? Thats funny on both levels.

If he fought the Hurricane, in an unlikely hero fights unstoppable giant type of feud, maybe with Hurricane cheating to win the in the end to get everyone on Khali's side. That would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone who thinks Khali should be champion or a contender should be carted off to the looney bin ASAP.

Raw was dreadfully disappointing last night. They had a great PPV at Backlash and they didn't need to do too much to build on that. Instead however, they actually undid all the great work they have done by putting Khali in the title picture.

What the f*ck are they thinking?

They took some some great leaps forward and now they just took a great leap back. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

this is S****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

man - that story could have been great. how freakin awesome would it have been if the lights had gone out, and the 10 second coutdown started. But no, they waste it on Khali. what a horrible waste.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i was hoping it was Cena that attacked them all. Imagine if Vince came out and showed the video and everyone been in shock but then he gives the evil grin. And then he turns heel by shaking Vince's hand or some thing like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I agree with vince above.

Anyway, do you know what struck me----he will get the belt and big show or even mark henry will take it off him. Big Show more so.

wwe are setting us up for some big return, maybe HHH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Big Show's gone from WWE, it's very very unlikely he'll ever be back. Mark Henry's due for a return soon..but I'm not so sure about him vs Cena. Not something I'd look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

ec18 wrote:
    So what do ye think....Should Khali be a contender or Champion?
    Contender? Why not. Champ? Christ no. He's fine as a contender because anyone who beats him will look strong. The match might not be pretty, but the story behind it would give a push to any of the champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Sorry whats the 10 second countdown for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

ec18 wrote:
    Sorry whats the 10 second countdown for

Listen up, JUNIOR!!!!
    The 10 second countdown belongs to the ayatollah of rock and rolla!
    The larger than life living legend, Y2J - Chris Jericho!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Minto wrote:
    Listen up, JUNIOR!!!!
    The 10 second countdown belongs to the ayatollah of rock and rolla!
    The larger than life living legend, Y2J - Chris Jericho!!!
    Way to tell 'em, Minto. Now they'll NEVER... EEEVER... be the same again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Seriously man, this is pure SHÍT. PURE FÚCKING SHÍT. This whole thing was built up pretty nicely and thoughts of who it could be were racing through my head (oddly, Batista is the name that I was stuck on).

It was like shaggin a really hot girl, and just as you were about to finish, she took off her 'really hot girl' mask to reveal...the Great Khali.

Spogpean wrote:
    Seriously man, this is pure SHÍT. PURE FÚCKING SHÍT. This whole thing was built up pretty nicely and thoughts of who it could be were racing through my head (oddly, Batista is the name that I was stuck on).

It was like shaggin a really hot girl, and just as you were about to finish, she took off her 'really hot girl' mask to reveal...the Great Khali.

Agreed, and that's a great analogy too. :D

On Khali again, I'm not in favor of him feuding with Cena but I don't think its a monumental disaster either.

The way I look at is that the WWE have 16 or so inter brand ppvs each year. Thats a lot of shows and having Cena and Khali as one of the main events on a ppv won't do any harm long term. Its filler which happens when you have too many ppv's and as long as they give me good matches in other places like they did last night I'm okay with it as a short term deal.

Plus Lidell versus Rampage Jackson and De la Hoya versus Mayweather is this month so WWE will be taking a bit of a backseat for me! It'll actually be interesting to see what Backlash and Judgement Day draws with so many big fights, especially the boxing one on ppv this month at such a high price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is just another "unstoppable" guy that for Cena to stop.

• Advertisement

On Khali again, I'm not in favor of him feuding with Cena but I don't think its a monumental disaster either.

The way I look at is that the WWE have 16 or so inter brand ppvs each year. Thats a lot of shows and having Cena and Khali as one of the main events on a ppv won't do any harm long term. Its filler which happens when you have too many ppv's and as long as they give me good matches in other places like they did last night I'm okay with it as a short term deal.

Time will tell whether or not it's a disaster but what frustrates me is that the WWE were going so well with focusing on good wrestling. Obviously a feud with Cena and Khali is not going to result in that so it's a damn shame in my opinion. I personally want Cena-Michaels III to be at Summerslam so I accept the need for filler before the big one but I can't see this feud delivering in any way at all other than getting more fans on Cena's side.

Dave Scherer over on PWInsider was really pissed off about the move...
    So, a guy who is over 7' tall manages to sneak around backstage at Raw all night beating up main eventers and no one catches him? Okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but regardless, WWE putting Khali in the main event mix certainly doesn't bode well for those of us that were hoping for more great wrestling on the top of the card. I guess the bright side is that WWE finally has an opponent for John Cena that should help Cena with his crowd reaction problem. Certainly, fans will cheer Cena over Khali, right? Hmm, then again, this could turn out to be an even bigger disaster than WWE realizes. Crappy match and fans picking Khali over Cena. I hope there's another major twist to this storyline next week, because the prospects of Khali as a Raw main eventer aren't very appealing to me.
    Khali? In the main event? His matches with Undertaker sucked, he's never had a decent bout, and now they are putting him in the main event picture on Raw? Yes, he's big, and if booked properly can be a freak attraction. But to put him in with Cena, who WWE is trying hard to establish as "the man" in the company? That just seems destined for failure, unless this is going to be a very short term program.
    Does no one in WWE realize that Khali sucks?

And I thought I was angry about it. :D

HHH is out, but when he comes back can Cena still be the man. And in all fairness can he even be the man now with HBK still on RAW......But when HHH returns can Cena still really remain the champion. Personally i'd love to see HBK win the titile at PPV before HHH comes back and see the 2 of them feud for till a title shot for HHH at one of the big PPV like Survivor Series or the Rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Spogpean wrote:

That's gotta be one tall bítch!

theres no way theyll put the title on a guy who cant speak english,vince is a jingoistic american remember,why anyone would pay to watch a cena/khali match is beyond me,itll be hilarious if the crowd root for khali though

ec18 wrote:
    Personally i'd love to see HBK win the titile at PPV before HHH comes back and see the 2 of them feud for till a title shot for HHH at one of the big PPV like Survivor Series or the Rumble

A D-X versus Evolution feud would be nice, but impossible

Given HHH is in both it would be hard

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote:
    Given HHH is in both it would be hard
    :D HHH wouldnt even put himself over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

You never know, with Undertaker going out for at least half a year (possibly) it might be time for the red king (HHH) to finally make a move to the blue brand.

I know Kahli's crap in the ring, but a man his size doesn't need to be good, just so long as his opponent takes a big bump or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I wouldn't start jumping to conclusions about this whole Khali in the main event thing. I just can't see this HBK/Edge/Orton/Cena thing fizzling out that easy. If anything, all 4 men have reason to go after Khali now plus if you remember earlier on RAW after Edge beat Orton, Edge said that he was going to insert himself into the title picture. They wouldn't have him say something like that unless there was some sort of truth to it. We'll just have to wait till next weeks RAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

I wouldn't start jumping to conclusions about this whole Khali in the main event thing. I just can't see this HBK/Edge/Orton/Cena thing fizzling out that easy. If anything, all 4 men have reason to go after Khali now plus if you remember earlier on RAW after Edge beat Orton, Edge said that he was going to insert himself into the title picture. They wouldn't have him say something like that unless there was some sort of truth to it. We'll just have to wait till next weeks RAW.

They had him say that as he had already wrestled Orton, so what reason would Giant Dalip Singh have for attacking him....just tied into that nights Raw, nothing more about it Id say.......raw was ticking over nicely, till that debacle of an ending...i think not just in the arena, but around the world let out a collective sigh when khalis music played....dunno how they'd expect to sell PPVs with a Khali/Cena main event?..haha...the blind leading the blind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I reckon they are going to give the title to Khali in some sort of mistake by a ref or something and then HHH comes back and beats him. This way Cena still looks "unstoppable" as it was a fluke and then HHH can fued with Cena as Cena never "fairly" lost the title. Thats my guess anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I was looking forward to it being Cena as the one that attacked all 3 of them and then turning heel.
    With Khali now obviously in the main event picture,how are WWE going to suddenly take edge,orton and hbk out of the picture even though they have been feuding for months now and the storyline has had no conclusional ending yet?
    As far as seeing khali in the main event picture,I couldnt think of anyone that I would want to see less in that spot.
    Just when I thought that RAW had been really well for the last few months:rolleyes:

I would have thought that it's fairly obvious that an elimination chamber could be on the way. especially if they could have HHH recover in time for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think WWE are trying to put more people into the main event picture at the moment. They'll prob go with something like an EC (as Bubs101 said) or a 10 man battle royale with Cena getting eliminated early on (with King saying "Oh my God JR, Cena just got eliminated" JR:"Cena just go whipped like a government mule!!!" Ok, I know I put way too much thought into that scenario, lol).
    Another thought is that they are putting Khali in the main event of Judgement Day because they wanna keep Cena/Michaels III for Vengence (or is it ONS next?) or Cena/HBK/Edge/Orton II for that PPV.

Ah Khali is nothing but filler for a few months, with Cena Michaels III at Summerslam. I do like the idea of an EC though, but don't think it will happen just yet.
    Orton and Cena has been signed for tonight so hopefully Orton pulls out another good performance, he's been as good as ever since the "incident".
    On wwe.com too they say there will be an announcement for the Judgement Day main event, with a menacing looking picture of Kane next to it. Kane to take the title perhaps?

^Highly doubt Kane is gonna get involved in this storyline. It's just the PPV art nothing more. Also isn't he meant to be taking time off or something? Then again they do need another body if they want to do an elimination chamber match and I suppose in a way it would make sense seeing as they are both 'monsters'. Only problem with that, is that Kane and Khali have feuded already and Kane got crushed by him at wrestlemania so why should we be lead to believe that Kane is capable of taking out Khali this time. Sure isn't the whole point of having Khali involved so that Cena can get over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's always either Taker or Kane on the Judgment Day posters, it never means anything. They've got Undertaker on the Vengeance poster this year though, so obviously something will be amiss with that one. I don't think Kane is taking time off either

They're having the titles defended at every ppv now, so they can't really have Edge and Michaels constantly fighting for it. Khali is just filler, like Double C said

^Highly doubt Kane is gonna get involved in this storyline. It's just the PPV art nothing more. Also isn't he meant to be taking time off or something? Then again they do need another body if they want to do an elimination chamber match and I suppose in a way it would make sense seeing as they are both 'monsters'. Only problem with that, is that Kane and Khali have feuded already and Kane got crushed by him at wrestlemania so why should we be lead to believe that Kane is capable of taking out Khali this time. Sure isn't the whole point of having Khali involved so that Cena can get over?

Undertaker also got crushed by Khali at Judgement Day and he came back and kicked Khali round the place for a few weeks before he took him out in a last man standing. So it's possible that if the EC happens Kane could be there and take out Khali...Then have Kane be beaten by HBK or Cena.....
    Or a much more interesting storyline and give Kane a title run it'd be interesting to set Kane with a title run....He has the experience and Character to have a run

ec18 wrote:
    give Kane a title run it'd be interesting to set Kane with a title run....He has the experience and Character to have a run

In 2007, I don't think Kane offers anything as a top champion of a brand. The shipped sailed a long time ago on that one I think.

In saying that, when you have 3 shows and quite a few injuries its not a total impossibility.

If Lashley can become one of the brands champions so soon then im sure Kane can have another somewhere down the line. To be honest though I wouldn't like to see that. I've said before on this forum that I think Kane's ability in the ring has seriously deminished in the last few years. He seems stiff and slow. Also I think Kane isn't really marketable as a champion anymore. I just don't see a Kane main event selling PPV's unless of course it gets carried by someone else, the likes of HHH, HBK etc.

Advertisement