Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland Coverage in Charlesland

Options
  • 01-05-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there

I was thinking of switching to 3 Ireland mobile phone company and I was wondering does anybody know what the coverage is like for them - I am currently with Vodafone and the coverage is perfect in Charlesland

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I thought that 3 use Vodafone for their voice calls (MVNO), and supplied the 3G part of the network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I had a 3 mobile and never had any issues with coverage.

Equipment and customer service however is a whole different ballgame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

I live in Blacklion and go to school in Kilcoole and both have perfect 3G coverage from 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Basil Brush

thanks very much everyone - 3's new monthly price plans are worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

Hiya
    I switched from vodafone to '3' couple of years ago - saving a fortune and the services and perks etc are great - highly recommend them...I live in the Grove by the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Also 3 don't charge for a lot of their videos. RTE News, ITN and The Hive etc are all free.

But if you want open internet there's no per minute or per kb rate so you have to pay 5,99€ a month for a whole 100mb. But apparently Meteor offer the same amount for about 2000€ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I'm with 3 and my signal is crap - the signal jumps up and down all the time!
    The post above is correct about 3 using Vodafone's network where ever there are no 3 signals. The problem is more with my mobile than the network. I have a Nokia 6280 and the signal drops all the time around greystones. I've read that a firmware upgrade would help but haven't got round to it as I'd have to send the mobile back - there's no way to upgrade by downloading the firmware which is sh1tty...

News from 3 is that a new signal post will be put up in or near charlesland in October... supposedly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mark1973

Hi, i just moved into the court 3 weeks ago and i've had no problems at all with coverage. keith i had the Nokia 6280 when i lived in bray and the phone kept dropping the network. i think its the phone rather than the network.

mark

Advertisement