Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crackdown for €22

• 01-05-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

... plus postage (which is normally only 3 euro ish?). Region free, box art is not the same. Seems to come with the Halo 3 beta offer! (at least, according to the page):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-fc-49-en-70-1iiv.html (not a referral link)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

That's the NTSC version - will it play on a PAL 360 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

if you scroll down a little bit the pal box is ticked in the further compatibility section.

just ordered me one now, cheers OP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yep, Play-Asia will put the tick marks in to indicate if it'll work on your console, PAL is ticked so you're good to go (it also lists it as having "No region protection").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's deadly altogether! Cheers for that Koneko.

$33 including postage, according to www.xe.com that converts to €24.25!

I was sitting on the fence regarding that game as I have enough to get through already, but that has convinced me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

have that version myself and it had the halo 3 beta offer. Great price for a fun game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Thanks for the heads up koneko (don't forget to post it on the Bargain Alerts forum and the Game bargain thread in Games too!). I was waiting to finish another few games before I got a new one, but the price is right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Top man! Thanks for the link!

Hell I would pay that just to play the beta!

Thanks for the heads up koneko (don't forget to post it on the Bargain Alerts forum and the Game bargain thread in Games too!).

Good tip, stuck it in the Bargain thread on the Game board.
    Top man! Thanks for the link!

Eeehh.... :p

koneko wrote:

Eeehh.... :p

um wait, does 'Top man' imply gender? Your the 'man' , hey 'guys' , my 'mates'? or yo 'Dude'?

Anyway thanks for the link.... what ever you are!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Do y ou have to pay vat on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That's deadly altogether! Cheers for that Koneko.

$33 including postage, according to www.xe.com that converts to €24.25!

I was sitting on the fence regarding that game as I have enough to get through already, but that has convinced me.

The game is short, and lacks any real story, but its deffo worth that! One thing I wil say about it is that is is very good fun, and real asy to pick up and play. :) and dont forget the H3 beta ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dont forget the H3 beta ;)

Thats the reason I want it. I thought the demo was crap and just want the beta.

god's toy wrote:
    um wait, does 'Top man' imply gender? Your the 'man' , hey 'guys' , my 'mates'? or yo 'Dude'?

I thought it does, but meh who cares, I'm not actually bothered bout it :)

kearnsr, re: vat. I'm not sure, but it might fall just under the limit. It's only one game though so it's very unlikely they'd stop it, it's usually boxsets and multiple items that get stopped (bigger packages).

Crackdown is a solid game, and good fun. Bit like GTA mixed with a Marvel game, running around town jumping from building to building and smacking people around. And it doesn't hurt that this comes with the Halo 3 beta, at least it should according to the page!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

kearnsr wrote:
    Thats the reason I want it. I thought the demo was crap and just want the beta.

I thought the demo was rubbish too, but the actual game is pretty good. Sadly, it's pretty much the same thing over and over again, but it's great fun jumping from building to building, beating the crap out of people.

Sure for €25 its worht it for the demo of Halo 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Hiya
    Can anyone tell me how long does shipping from play-asia take to dublin?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Up to 2 weeks max

kensutz wrote:
    Up to 2 weeks max

Just in time for H3

Shame the demo is only for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

was thinkin about ordering some good games on videogamesplus,
    i was thinking rockstar table tennis for 20 euro,
    coudl anyone else recommend a fun game, i was thinking about perfect dark zero but not sure what its like.

Any recommendations?

• Advertisement

If you're going to order 360 games from videogamesplus, bear in mind they're NTSC, and not all games are region free.

Do a search in Google, there are a few pages that list ones that are region free, IIRC neither of those are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

There is a region free section in VG+ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

thanks kensutz, yea table tennis is region free, well thats what they say, any other recommendations? FEAR????

Want a fun game, or just somehting good

Got my copy of Crackdown today in the post! (with Halo download info on box) Quick delivery I must say, works fine too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

hey, does your crackdown say ntsc-j on the side?
    mine arrived too and worried it won't work when i get home tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

the corpo wrote:
    They come from Japan, which is NTSC-J. They will work over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Meant to post up earlier , but I got it in the post a few days ago. Has the Halo 3 beta too. Mine has NTSC-J on the box, works perfectly.

the corpo wrote:

To answer the question, Yep it did have ntsc-j and as the good poster said, yes it does work in the 360! Happy days :)

Advertisement