Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy a whistling budgie in Dublin

Options
  • 01-05-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a budgie, I've had two in the past and really enjoyed them, but one of my favourite thing was that one of them learnt to whistle a few songs.

can anyone recommend a good pet store in Dublin that I can get a young budgie, from, maybe, a family of talkers?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

They all talk, it's a matter training. You have to train them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mustang68

tallus wrote:
    They all talk, it's a matter training. You have to train them yourself.

Sorry, i wandered off on a bit of a tangent about whistling, in my post, I know that they don't come with the songs preloaded! I suppose the question I wanted to ask is:

Where in a Dublin can a get a young budgie from a nice pet shop, not some old budgie, from a bad strain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Males are usually more talkative than hens, if you get a pair they are more likely to bond with each other than you if you get a single budgie you will need lots of time to give him but since you taught the other one that shouldn't be a problem.
    Not sure where in Dublin you can get a well bred budgie, probably not in a pet shop. Maybe someone on here can suggest a genuine breeder who knows their stuff.

Oh and if not already check out zooplus.ie I love their bird stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mustang68

Thank you very much, so I'll be looking for a breeder, well if anyone can suggest a good one? I don't want to get it from someone who keeps their birds in bad conditions, thanks.

Advertisement