Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Kenny and Dunfermline

• 01-05-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Dunfermline were 9 points adrift at the bottom of the SPL when Kenny took over. After last nights win away to St Mirren they're just 1 point behind with 3 games left.

Dunfermline v Motherwell
    Inverness CT v Dunfermline
    Dunfermline v Falkirk

Dundee Utd v St Mirren
    Motherwell v St Mirren
    St Mirren v Inverness CT

They have 2 home games and should be favourites to win both. St Mirren probably won't be favourites to win any of their remaining games.

Kenny has also got them into next seasons UEFA cup by reaching the Scottish cup final after getting by Rangers, Hearts and Hibs.

Dunfermline fans absolutely love Kenny. They love his attacking approach to games and they're no longer the dull team they used to be, happy to sit back for 90 minutes.

Remarkable achievements from the next Ireland manager.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

eirebhoy wrote:
    Dunfermline fans absolutely love Kenny. They love his attacking approach to games and they're no longer the dull team they used to be, happy to sit back for 90 minutes.
    :D Really? I remember talking to a Dunfermline fan about a month into his appointment and he was seething that such a "non-entity" was appointed manager of the club. I think the club were going through a particular bad patch at that moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hes got them playing as a team and working hard.

Also even though he lost a lot of his earlier games they were rarely by big margins.

He seems to have the Midas touch alright. Suck it up Roddy Colins.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I hope he stays in Scotland for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I hope he stays in Scotland for a long time.

what happened between him and Shel's last year. I remember Heary after the title celebrations was seething when asked about Kenny.

If he keeps them up it will be some achievement, from the former Tallaght man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Roddy23 wrote:
    what happened between him and Shel's last year. I remember Heary after the title celebrations was seething when asked about Kenny.

If he keeps them up it will be some achievement, from the former Tallaght man.

It wasn't Heary, it was Stuart Byrne (the hero).

Stephen Kenny was on a Cork-esque 'everyone's against us in Dublin' rant.*

Also, Derry got away with a points deduction.

And sundry other stuff that doesn't need a place in another 'ah look at the deadly Irish in Britain' thread tbh.

*expect one form Pat Fenlon any week now.

Are Dunfermiline the new Sunderland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ex Supersaint , glad he doing well hope he keeps them up and wins the final. And to cap it off im hoping Molloy scores vs Motherwell to keep Dun up.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Are Bobby Ryan and Jamie Harris still at the club? I remember Ryan playing 45 minutes for them doing nothing and getting subbed at half time and I've never seen Harris on the teamsheets in the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pats were told they can have Ryan for 20k

No idea how Harris is getting on.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Stephen Kenny has done an excellent job, last nights win was a really important one for them and I think they will stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Are Bobby Ryan and Jamie Harris still at the club? I remember Ryan playing 45 minutes for them doing nothing and getting subbed at half time
    That was in January and he has only made 3 sub appearances since. I don't know if he's injured but he hasn't even been on the bench since the start of last month. Harris made 1 sub appearance in March and has been injured ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

eirebhoy wrote:
    That was in January and he has only made 3 sub appearances since. I don't know if he's injured but he hasn't even been on the bench since the start of last month. Harris made 1 sub appearance in March and has been injured ever since.
    There's a surprise! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

typical kenny tactitcs, getting to a final while having important league issues on the "back burner"....hope he stays up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I'd like to wish whoever plays Dunfermline all the best.

We see how long Kenny lasts there before his non-footballing pursuits gets him run out of whatever town they play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Zebra3 wrote:
    We see how long Kenny lasts there before his non-footballing pursuits gets him run out of whatever town they play in.
    What on earth is that supposed to mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

St.Mirren had a good win on Sat...........but fair play to Stephen Kenny and his dunfermline team they beat Motherwell 4-1 last night. They are back to 1 point off St.Mirren.

Dunfermline Run In:

Away - Inverness CT
    Home - Falkirk

St.Mirren Run In:

Away - Motherwell
    Home - Inverness CT

What do you think will they stay up???

Also Kenny won the SPL Manager of the Month for April. Dunfermline won 3 league games and cup game with out conceding a single goal.

Pity St Mirren won against Dundee Utd as they're now favourites to stay up. Inverness isn't an easy place to play but Dunfermline won there a few weeks ago.

Motherwell are actually dragged into the relegation battle too. They play St Mirren at home next week. If St Mirren win that and Dunfermline beat Inverness It's down to the last game with.

Motherwell 37
    St Mirren 36
    Dunfermline 35

Dunfermline v Falkirk
    St Mirren v Inverness CT
    Dundee Utd v Motherwell

And Motherwell will be without their main man Scott McDonald as he got sent off last night.

Dunfermline are winning 1-0 in Inverness. St Mirren are level at 2-2 after being 2-0 down.

If it stays like this:

Motherwell 38
    Dunfermline 35
    St Mirren 34

Inverness score.

Motherwell 38
    St Mirren 34
    Dunfermline 33

Looks like Dunfermline are going down.

Motherwell 2-3 St Mirren