Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet refund

• 01-05-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys gonna need a bit of help here.

<rant>
    I bought a graphics card from www.overclockers.co.uk when i lived in the uk, since buying it i have moved to ireland. It was faulty so i sent it back for a replacement. I was told it would tax a maximum of 28 days, which i thought was a long time to just swap something out, but what could i do. So on the 29th day i fired off a email asking what the delay is. I will not be given a refund untill the manufacturer credits them. I replied asking how much longer do they think this will take, and that i wanted a refund at this point, and i made it very clear that the refund was not to be put into the credit card account that i used to purchase the graphics card. I got a reply stating that they were unsure of how much longer it would take. And that they could process the refund to another account. Now after another few days i got pissed off as this was a unexceptable ammount ot time to be waiting for a replacement or repair/refund.
    So i went off to find out what my rights are, And under the sales of good act 1979, if the customer has been inconvienenced by the ammount of time it has taken, the contract has been breached, and the costomer can now demand a full refund, or the same product/service at a discounted price.
    So i obviousy sent them a email highligting my rights from dti.gov.uk. I got a instant reply saying that i was to be given a full refund. So i wasobviously happy about this, as i could have the money sent to a different account and purchase a new graphics card from a different company. I sent them a email saying im glad they can go ahead with the refund, and that i just wanted to make sure they could infact do the refund to another bank account. I got a reply saying yes. So on sunday just gone, i got a confirmation of the refund stating the refund will be ready in 3-5 working days. I sent another email to them saying thanks for getting this sorted, and asked them exactally which bank details they need, as i was unsure if just sortcode and account number would do, or would i need the adress ect ect.
    So then at 8:14 on monday morning i got a reply back stating that the refund will go into the original account. So i fired off a email straight away saying that i have had previous email conversations with someone else in the company, and they agreed to refund me to which to which account i wanted. they got my email at 9:30 i received a email back at 5:10 that evening saying:

Dear Ryan Williams,

Please do not state the card details over the webnte system please call technical support and they will get the details changed for you.

Regards,

Rob ******
    Technical Support
    Overclockers UK
    www.overclockers.co.uk

So i seen that and thought great, ill call them in the morning at give them the new details...

But 20 mins later i got this email:

Dear Mr Ryan Williams,

This refund has been processed for RMA ******. For credit and debit card refunds please allow 2-3 working days for payment to reach your account.

Refund details:

GX-003-GC - GeCube ATI Radeon X1950 Pro FZ SuperCooled TURBO S £159.99

Subtotal: £160.00
    Vat: £28.00
    Total: £188.00

Payment method: Credit Card / Debit Card

Regards,
    Overclockers UK - Support
    WebNotes:- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/webnote.php
    Telephone:- 0871 222 8528

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATED EMAIL

So at this point i tried to call them immediatly, but their website states:
    Open Hours
    Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm

So i rang them today at around 11:30, the earliest i could bue to me being in work. I was told as soon as i got on the phone that the money had already been transfered to my old bank account, and has gone through, which is strange. As that account was closed 2 months ago. I was told i have to ring my bank, and get my old bank to sort it out and transfer it to my new account. I told them i was not prepared to do this as it was not me that made the mistake, and since i was told to call in and givemy details, and then 20 mins later i got a email saying it has been refunded. It is a mistake on their side and they have to fix it. The customer support agent was calm and nice, he didnt loose the head or sound pissed off, that kinda kept me calm tbh, as my blood was boiling at this point.
    So i asked him to put me throught o his manager, he said none are available. So i said i will wait. The fist time being on hold was 15 mins, he came back on and said he is strill busy, i said ill wait again, then he cam back after a further 15 mins and said he cant find him, so i stayed adament and said i would continue to wait. I was on hold then a further 15 mins, and the bloke came back and said that his manager was in a business meeting all day, so i said for him to take my number and go drop it in to him and tell him its urgent. He refused to do this and said his manager is busy, and will be all day tomorrow too.
    At this point i was fed up of argueing and just ended the phone call, i was on it 1hour and 8 mins. Thank god i didnt have to pay for it.

I have kept every email i have sent them, and the ones they have sent me too.

What i want to know is where do i stand? what is my next step to getting my money back. If someone could point me in the right direction i would be most gratefull.

</rant>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I am pretty sure that they can refund the money back the same way they received it i.e. through your credit card. I believe they do not need to refund you any other way.
    Anti wrote:
    I told them i was not prepared to do this as it was not me that made the mistake, and since i was told to call in and givemy details, and then 20 mins later i got a email saying it has been refunded. It is a mistake on their side and they have to fix it.
    Was the account that is now closed the account you used to pay for the card in the first place? Why cannot you not get your bank to sort out this? It just sounds like you are not really co-operating on this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Well i payed for the card with my uk credit card, which i closed before moving back to ireland, The reason that i cant contact the bank. Is that there is alot of security information to get through to anyone. I do not have the account number, card or anything. As i destroyed it all. And if i did get through i could not get through to my own bank, but to a call centre in india.
    Plus why should i have to go through all the hassle to get this sorted when it was not my fault?
    I have worked in purchasing before, and i know for a fact they can claim the money back, buy just saying it went to the wrong account. We would do this before in a old job when a account number was entered incorrectly. I told them about this and they refused to do it.

I dont feel im not co-operating with them, i just dont think i should have to do all the runing around, especially when i have a 8-5 job..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Also the fact they said they would refund to another account a few days prior ir really annoying me. And the fact at 5:10 the dude said to call to change the details, then 20 mins later, a automatic refund went through.

Advertisement