Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread irrationally stopped

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Boards.ie can not give you legal advice, either make an appointment with the firm you have the issue with or get legal advice on you options.

This was already pointed out to you there are no other answers tbh.

The site owners the admin have final say on matters but the mods work from directions from the admins.

Have you pmed the mods about the issue and reopening the thread ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Muffler needs to clean that sand out of his vagina!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sandymountman

I asked what my rights are. I wasn't looking for legal advice or at any rate I have no intention of going the legal route. I'm wondering what the framework for getting my problem resolved is and I was hoping that somebody in a similar situation might be able to give me some advice. To have someone tell me to stand up for myself is to imply that I'm a total walkover and the situation would be resolved if I stood up to them, which is not the case.
    Can you tell me what the abbreviation pmed is, so I can act on your advice?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Private message.
    You send him a message in private. click on his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Try using your other thread on the same matter.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055082783

• Advertisement

But won't she just block that?
    Is there any record of moderators unblocking stuff, surely they won't want to annoy each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Vorak

raido9 wrote:
    Muffler needs to clean that sand out of his vagina!

Agreed, to say that a comment is not helpful, is a ridiculous reason to have a thread locked. Muffler have you read some of the xenophobic drivel in After Hours.

Wash that vag.

Well, I'm mailed the moderators and I'm waiting to hear back.
    But in the meantime I went to another thread that Muffler is moderator of and saw a thread "Who the heck is muffler" to which I replied asking them to judge the initial thread.
    I have now being blocked from that forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055081253&goto=newpost

Now I get alerts from that forum but can't read them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Take it up with the mod via pm.

They locked a thread and then you carried the issue across into another forum they mod to have a swipe at them ?

If you had of done that in any of the forum I mod I would have banned you from there.

If you have an issue with a mod action you dicuss it via pm THEn you start a thread here you do NOT spam other forums about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Right, Sandymountman has PM'd me and explained his position and I have replied setting out my position on the matter and thats what should have been done from the outset so we will leave it at that.

oh and BTW raido9 and Vorak thats not sand - its sea weed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Do I have any recourse, who in Boards has the final say. This thread in my opinion was irrationally stopped. What rule has been broken here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53162896#post53162896
    Absolutely bang on to be locked.

Firstly Muffler gave you two very good pieces of advice that you threw back in his face as far as I can see. He locked it because you were asking for legal advice in a forum about construction.

Go to a lawyer.

NEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTTT!

DeV.

In reply to Thaedyal, in my opinion you are wrong. (I say this knowing that critising a moderators contribution can be a blockable offence). Firstly, I am new to boards and there was no obvious recourse after I was blocked. It was only after I started this thread that I found a way of taking up this issue. My recourse was to go back the person who blocked me and plead with them. This I did but was turned down. Moderators seems to be a law onto themselves with no policing and only answerable to their buddies, other moderators. This undermines the contributions of other contributors. There should be some third party who can resolve these issues.
    On the other point, there are two separate issues being dealt with the in the two separate threads on the two different forums. The thread "Who the heck is 'muffler' ?" is a sycophantic thread for the chums of this chap (which he moderates) and I think given the content a legitimate place to make a comment on him. The other thread "What does a builder require to make a tender" is about a very real issue facing many people at the moment, that is; difficult relations with architects. The is presumptuous of Muffler to block the thread because I did not think his contribution of any merit, other people who are not moderators can make valid contributions. If he can only offer platitudes like stand up for yourself he should refrain from commenting at all.

Please read the mail Muffler sent me below and the mail I sent him. He keeps talking about legal advice which I never looked for. He doesn't seem to understand the reason people come to these forums is to look for alternatives to the legal route. And finally most incredible of all, it seems that the reason I was blocked is that he was "disappointed with the tone you took." This chaps behaviour is of a little dictator in his little fiefdom.

His mail to me:
    Sandymountman,

First of all I have to say that I am disappointed with the tone you took both in the thread in question and then in 2 other forums. I was in no way trying to demean you by saying that you should stand up for yourself. Read my post again and you will see what I meant was instead of posting up looking for advice that you should approach the architects head on and demand that they work to your requirements and not theirs. You are their employer for the duration of the project.

When advice is offered you should be thankful instead of rejecting it out of hand just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. All advice given in the forum is done so voluntarily and is intended to help you even though you dont see it that way. Now if I had told you to go and kick the architect in the balls then I would have agreed with your assertion that the comment was unhelpful but I didnt do that. In any event the thread was going nowhere based on your own admission that things had reached a stalemate point coupled with your refusal to accept advice. In that event your only course of action is to go down the legal road and as I said we dont do legalaties or sympathy on the forum.

You then dragged the issue up in another forum I moderate which is completely unacceptable and you have now been banned for that. To top it all you open a thread in feedback about the matter - hardly the place to resolve an issue with a mod. Acting on advice from the feedback forum you then get round to finally contacting me by PM which is what you should have done from the start. I havent even got round to seeing the feedback thread yet - I was only told about it by someone else.

The only thing that is in your favour at the moment is that you are new to the boards. It would do you no harm to have a read through the forum charter and also the "newbies & FAQ" which can be found under "sys".

At the moment I see or have been given no good reason to unlock the thread. However I will take a look at the situation again in the next day or two after I have had time to see what is posted in feedback and after I discuss this with my co-mod, smashey.

Regards

Muffler

My initial mail to him:
    I asked what my rights are. I wasn't looking for legal advice or at any rate I have no intention of going the legal route. I'm wondering what the framework for getting my problem resolved is and I was hoping that somebody in a similar situation might be able to give me some advice. To have someone tell me to stand up for myself is to imply that I'm a total walkover and the situation would be resolved if I stood up to them, which is not the case.
    Please can you unblock this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dude....if DeV says next, he means next, especially if you start with all of that 'mods are dictators' crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This chaps behaviour is of a little dictator in his little fiefdom.
    Well, that's helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

My recourse was to go back the person who blocked me and plead with them. This I did but was turned down. Moderators seems to be a law onto themselves with no policing and only answerable to their buddies, other moderators.
    Strangely enough, muffler and I have had a few disagreements about a few threads in the past. We talked about them for a while and made a decision.

The thread "Who the heck is 'muffler' ?" is a sycophantic thread for the chums of this chap (which he moderates) and I think given the content a legitimate place to make a comment on him.
    This thread is in no way sycophantic. It was a genuine query from a curious (regular) poster in the North West forum that has since turend into a bit of light hearted banter at muffler's expense. Even his co-mod on that forum agrees with this. Your posting in there was out of order and could be considered trolling/flaming.

From the locked thread...
    Thanks, but that isn't a very helpful comment, it doesn't get me anywhere. Do we have any rights, is there any architect conflict resolution process. We have stood up for ourselves, it's been a fight every step of the way and the project is grinding to a halt. If they tell us to get lost, that's a lot of money down the drain and we're left six months down the line with no architect and a house to do up.

Your comment regarding rights and conflict resolution could be taken as seeking legal advice/clarification.

Muffler's advice on the thread in question seemed spot on. You are the employer and the Architect should do what you want, not what he/she wants. Granted, they may have to tweak your ideas a bit to comply with current regulations, but the end product should bear a good resemblence to your original thoughts. Also, I think posting muffler's pm to you in this forum was the wrong way to go about this.

I gave muffler my thoughts on the thread last night and it is entirely in his hands as to how to proceed.

From what you say it sounds as though Mufflers experience of Architects doesn't go much beyond pushing the planning regulations to get his septic tank in place. However, others have more experience and should be allow post when Mufflers experience is plainly lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

You seem to be having communication problems with your architect and from this thread I can see why. Not helpful, I know, but it is feedback.

Advice: speak to your architect or your solicitor... drop the issue with a thread being locked. Your other thread on the same issue is still open so if people were going to offer additional advice the oppertunity is still there for them to do so.

From what you say it sounds as though Mufflers experience of Architects doesn't go much beyond pushing the planning regulations to get his septic tank in place. However, others have more experience and should be allow post when Mufflers experience is plainly lacking.
    Well actually technically his experiencs of architects is completely irrelevant. His experience and actions in moderating is what matters, and in this case he got it bang on.

Also its not a good idea to questions peoples experience when you know absolutely nothing about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Blowfish wrote:
    Also its not a good idea to questions peoples experience when you know absolutely nothing about them.

Indeed !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Did you even read any of the other threads in the forum in question? I think if you look at muffler's posts, they would clearly indicate his experience being quite a bit more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think you have now crossed the line with those remarks. The thread is locked and will stay locked - get over it. In any event it wasn't about a general topic it was all about you and your personal problems so leaving it locked will not affect any of the other users. I told you there was nothing more that could be offered by way of advice and when you mentioned things like "where do we stand" and "conflict resolution" you are suggesting legal opinion which I advised you would not be entertained. You got your replies here also together with a reply from one of the admins and you are still refusing to accept it.

Your posts here in feedback have not alone questioned my ability to moderate a forum but are calling into question my professional experience and qualifications. You dont know me and its better that it stays that way but dont come swaggering in here making unfounded allegations. There are some great regular users in the forum in question who all give up their time to advise people in relation to planning, design & construction problems. When you attack me here you are also attacking all my fellow users in the forum.

You have also misrepresented smashey's comments which is not acceptable. All in all you seem determined to cause trouble. You posted my PM here - did you ask my permission to do so? Yesterday you had to ask what a PM was and were told it was short for a private message. Do you even understand the meaning of the word private? Im actually glad that you did post the Pm as it shows that I hold no ill feelings in relation to your actions but sadly the same cannot be said about you.

You have now turned this matter into something personal and I wont be dragged down to your level with any further responses. The admins moderate the feedback forum and I will leave it to them as to what do with this particular thread as its going nowhere. I wont be commenting again.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I gave you a response. You completely ignored it. I am closing this thread now.

DeV.

Who is this DeVore twat? 15,898 quality posts, this chap really contributes. Five yellow stars, bo-ho.

Continued from:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086538&goto=newpost

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Eh, there is no way you don't know who DeVore is.

http://www.boards.ie/team.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Who is this DeVore twat? 15,898 quality posts, this chap really contributes. Five yellow stars, bo-ho.
    Bye bye :).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Continued from:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086538&goto=newpost

Don't ya just love Newbies-with-an-attitude? Short, angry lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Start another thread and you'll be taking a time out.

Wow, who would have thought. I came on here to chat about architecture and ended up meeting a net-visionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well done you.

• Advertisement

1168702253-1167593228693.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement