Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering to business course

Options
  • 01-05-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

hey all. At the minute I am in my third year of Software Development in DKIT. I am finding it incredibly difficult and am looking at my options for next year. In order to get into 4th year of the course I need a 50% average, something I honestly cannot see myself achieving, and I am working my a$$ off this year. So I am looking to switch course into Business with computers. I talked to the head of the two departments and they say there shouldn't be too much of a problem of me getting in, as long as I pass this year. However the head of the Business department said I would be going into 2nd year of the course. I am wondering how much work would be involved in catching up. I am going to ask for a reading list for the summer so I could read up on the stuff for 1st year, so as that I won't be completly at sea. So basically I am asking anyone doing a business course to let me know how much work is involved in 1st year, and if they think it's possible to do 2nd year without doing first, and without going insane from the workload.

sorry for the length

Advertisement