Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Lovin'

Options
  • 01-05-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

So aside from the mandatory drinking and partying and whatnot, what are your plans for the summer?

Myself and 4 mates are trying to choose between Prague, Amsterdam and Malaga as our holiday destination, decisions decisions.... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'll be off working in Finland for the summer if all goes to plan. Been yes, no, yes, no so many times now I've no idea what's going on! If that falls through I'll get into a mad panic trying to get a job ANYWHERE! Need the money quite badly at this point. Having a huge party on the day of my last exam as well. Nobody else I know is doing their LC this year so it'll just be a generic garden party, but with me being extra hyper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Why would you tease us with a post like this with the Leaving Cert just 5 weeks away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Steve01 wrote:
    Why would you tease us with a post like this with the Leaving Cert just 5 weeks away :(

Because i'm evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

^
    *with holy water and crucifix* THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!

Let me remind you sir, there is no off position on the evil genius switch. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

. . .After. . .the leaving cert?
    Does such a place truly exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Belgium for 5/6 days for festival, random other gigs, working to get money for these random gigs.

What i've seen of Belgium is nice, Brussels, Bruges and Charleroi (courtesy of ryanair). The wonderful chocolate.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

im just going to work and go to some concerts such as damien rice electric picnic and ******

boger wrote:
    electric picnic

Uhhhhh, electric wheelchair and walking stick picnic......

I dislike deviating from my diet of mainstream pop/rock/dance $hite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

cson wrote:
    Uhhhhh, electric wheelchair and walking stick picnic......

I dislike deviating from my diet of mainstream pop/rock/dance $hite.

Electric picnic get tonnes of main stream bands along with the stuff they're known for you realise? Have a look at their website, tis cool :)

Me, I'm gonna work for the Summer then head off travelling in September. First stop: Egypt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

ah the summer, im joinng total fitness in the mountains(mainly for the cycle with the ipod on those hot summer days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

relax, forget about the LC, hang out with friends, work (joining FÁS..;)), work out, drink, smoke, *censored festival name*, my friends are going on two trips (one to France, one to the West) which I'd love to go on but it all depends on what job I get..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Steve01 wrote:
    Everyone likes some escapism.

Heading off to krakow at the end of june, bantering around eastern europe for 3 weeks. Should be great. Fairly cheap as well, the whole trip shouldnt cost me much more than my anal virginity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Wedding (congratulations me..!)
    Camping
    A gig that must not be named.
    Find a part time job.
    Camping some more?

Gotta have bodyboarding in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Man Down

First and foremost sort out a job for two months! Then build my social life around my working hours! Some great nightclubs in town have good mid week entertainment so I'll be found around the town most mid week nights (workin Sat and Sunday nights I'd say)... hotel barwork! Aside from this I'll going at it hell for leather with my bands. We have a wedding booked in Killarney so that will be a great weekend and various other gigs we'll be playing around the country. This should supply a nice bit of extra money which I can put away for college! THAT festival and other random excuses to get drunk and party will keep me busy also!

Gotta get myself laid too! Damn! :p

Man Down wrote:
    Gotta get myself laid too! Damn! :p

Lol, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Long hot days on the beach!!!!!! barbeques drink, drink,drink,drink,food,drink (i think u get the picture!) oh yeah the GRAD!!!! right after the eaving cert! HOORAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I'm going to Chicago for 2 months and i just found out I got a job instructing sailing on a lake there! Woo! Best day ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Long hot days on the beach!!!!!! barbeques drink, drink,drink,drink,food,drink (i think u get the picture!) oh yeah the GRAD!!!! right after the eaving cert! HOORAY!
    Thank christ. For a minute there, I thought I was the only one on here not heading foreign. All of the above, plus a bit of work, for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Meh.I plan on spending the summer ''working'' (if you can call it that.€70 a week for 9 hours work across 3 days.All I do is walk dogs, and eat/watch TV......and yes that eating/watching TV is counted a part of my work time.Pretty sweet deal!), trying to get rid of my game backlog (i've like 20+ RPGs I haven't even started yet), going out about once a week and heading to New York for 2 weeks (which will rock!!!).I may also try and get my friend to hook me up with a job of Gamestop, which would be more handy money.If I could get a nightshift it would be great.I wouldn't mind the hours (which still wouldn't go any later than 10 at night), and theres hardly any customers so I could just play my PSP and no-one would care.

Thank christ. For a minute there, I thought I was the only one on here not heading foreign. All of the above, plus a bit of work, for me.

Move over there, I wanna join this club.

Why oh why must it be so fecking hot? Do the gods deliberately make it sunny so I wont study?

Yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Its gonna b even worse wen the actualy LC comes around. Always the best weather of the summer during the leaving. Grrr!

After the LC im off to Amsterdam then drinking and working as much as possible! Then at the end of the summer its off to Ayia Napa!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Think of it this way, when the weather's class in the first week back for school, we'll be off either in college or something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Marshy wrote:
    Fairly cheap as well, the whole trip shouldnt cost me much more than my anal virginity.
    That's what parents are for..............................money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Think of it this way, when the weather's class in the first week back for school, we'll be off either in college or something else.

Nice, I'm always telling myself and others... The sun will be out all summer, the LC will only be out once.....

(dont take this literally please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Im going to drink a lot, with or without others because I can. And then stalk some people because Ill have too much free time on my hands.
    But besides that; Portugal, Lahinch and Barcelona

• Advertisement

Yeah Lahinch for me too, camped there last year. Great fun!

Advertisement