Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL analogue

• 01-05-2007 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭

Is anybody else suffering from a crap picture since Friday? I've rung them yesterday and they said they were sorting it out, as a result my NTL broadband is down too :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Nope all is up and running as is normall with my tv and BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mine is crap since Friday in the Cherrymount area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Dunmore road here, reception is crap since the bolt of lightning but my internet is grand again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Im in Viewmount and we've lost everything, analogue and digital. Any idea when it'll be back up? Cause i was talking to some people and they heard that fairly significant damage was done, could be a few days before its back up. Any truth in it?

Sounds like it, we rang yesterday and they said there's critical damage highlighted in our area and out around Ardkeen village. Could be waiting a while knowing NTL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

In viewmount and the analogue signal was back the day of the strike at around 4.45pm, picture fine and has been up ever since

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Ours didnt come back until sometime this afternoon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

kensutz wrote:
    Sounds like it, we rang yesterday and they said there's critical damage highlighted in our area and out around Ardkeen village. Could be waiting a while knowing NTL

Mines back in Ardkeen Villlage so...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

JPA wrote:
    Mines back in Ardkeen Villlage so...:confused:
    Apparently several houses in the area took direct hits. Was talking to a friend in the Moorings who lost all electrical appliances, along with phones, alarms, etc. So I'd imagine damage to NTL was quite substantial also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Was talking to someone from the Moorings who said they saw a house take a hit alright.
    The odd thing is that when I was 16 I was almost hit by a bolt of lightning. It missed me by about 20-30cm, but I can't remember hearing a sound off it at all. A piece of concrete from the road flew up and smacked me on the leg from the strike just beside my foot, but no sound.

I was running like hell at that stage though and was white as a sheet for a couple of hours after so the panic probably clouded my memory a little.

• Advertisement

Got mine sorted, it seemed that someone was working in the area and disconnected us to work on the problem and never connected the cables back properly. :mad:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Roen wrote:
    The odd thing is that when I was 16 I was almost hit by a bolt of lightning. It missed me by about 20-30cm, but I can't remember hearing a sound off it at all. A piece of concrete from the road flew up and smacked me on the leg from the strike just beside my foot, but no sound.

I was running like hell at that stage though and was white as a sheet for a couple of hours after so the panic probably clouded my memory a little.

Ah so thats what happened to you. I knew there was something not quite right with you!:D :D:D

Advertisement