Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done beginners italian before?

Options
  • 01-05-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

just wondering what kind of stuff has come up on written part of the exam before? there is only so much a beginner of italian knows! and our teacher isn't really hinting what we must know. i'm assuming it's a description of your friend, or yourself, but would love confirmation on that! (past exams aren't available)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Did you had a look at the past papers?
    Or if you are off campus try SIS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

as i said, there are no past papers up, which sucks. i guess if they were up it would be too easily to ace the exam after seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

as i said, there are no past papers up, which sucks. i guess if they were up it would be too easily to ace the exam after seeing them.

I don't know much about Italian besides pizza and vino, but the Italian 1 paper looks pretty basic to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I did Spanish (which I don't care what anyone says, is Italian-plus I did Italian for the leaving)

For that we had to write a letter "Someone is coming to Ireland, tell them about yourself and your family"

At least know that.

I'll help you...

Ciao Maria!

Come stai? Sto bene. Mi chiamo Jen. Sono venti anni é abito in Irlanda. Abito in Dublino, una citta grande. Studio ingeneria in UCD...

I'm giving up...

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InTouch

is this leaving certificate Italian or First Year Italian? I'm fluent, need a hand give me a bell.

• Advertisement

thx for the advice gubbie! our teacher mentioned that we must know how to begin and end a letter when we took our aural test, so i'd say your ideas will be used!

and if i go crazy, i shall send any Qs to you InTouch. thx a mill :D

ah yes, it's beginners italian in UCD of course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Speaking of beginners italian, what's on the oral tommorow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

dunno, there was no oral when I did Italian beginers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Does any one have any useful filler phrases for italian tommorow? something that takes up alot of words and can fit in anywhere

ha, if only! you must go down with the ship and the rest of us... that written part must be only worth 10% of the entire mark. i refuse to worry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement