Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Undertaker injured

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I thought the Cena thing was because he's hated in Chicago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I really have to disagree with someone who says Flair "can go" and thinks 'Taker is a hasbeen! Taker has put on some great wrestling this year,he had a few good ones last year to.
    Unfortunately, as much as I love Flair, his matches haven't been great as of late. When he has been good, he has been absolutely great. Look at MITB 2 and his TLC match with Edge in January 2006. Also, his match at SummerSlam with Foley.
    Flair can still go (i'd love to see him with another run with the WWE belt), but 'Taker i far from a hasbeen and has plenty of good matches left in him. Anyone who believes otherwise is just fooling himself (or herself as the case maybe).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bubs101 wrote:
    Mind explaining this phrase? I always thought X-pac was really popular

Not from about 2001. People began to dislike him in a "Get off my tv now kind of way".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Minto wrote:
    I really have to disagree with someone who says Flair "can go" and thinks 'Taker is a hasbeen! Taker has put on some great wrestling this year,he had a few good ones last year to.
    Unfortunately, as much as I love Flair, his matches haven't been great as of late. When he has been good, he has been absolutely great. Look at MITB 2 and his TLC match with Edge in January 2006. Also, his match at SummerSlam with Foley.
    Flair can still go (i'd love to see him with another run with the WWE belt), but 'Taker i far from a hasbeen and has plenty of good matches left in him. Anyone who believes otherwise is just fooling himself (or herself as the case maybe).

Nail on the head, Flair and Taker is the key essential difference between great and good, right there :)

My point was, give Taker more than a 3 day month and he's dead (literally!), and that putting the belt on him was a mistake. And it was!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He has up until the last 3 months been on a limited schedule. In saying that, saying that he worked only 3 days a month in the 4 years is misleading.

For example, he has generally gone on all of their international tours, especially the European ones. These trips often involve them wrestling 6-12 days in a row.

In saying that, saying that he worked only 3 days a month in the 4 years is misleading.

It certainly would, which is why i never said that. In the last 2 years tho he's made bugger all TV appearances though and hasn't done house shows.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

flair is a legend but has been doing the same match since 1992,chop,woo,miss that spot off the top rope,woo,figure four,woo, taker had one of the best matches of the year so far at wrestlemania

Yeah but so has Cena, and up til three years ago, so was Edge, he was still pretty generic from 2001-2003 before he got injured.

Flair is different though, he falls in the same category as Hogan, he did his awesome stuff early years (while Hogan did his stuff with Japan and AWA long before his WWE years), Flair doesn't need to get over with wrestling, cos he can get over being Flair himself.

I really couldn't see anything special in Batista/Taker at mania, in fact it almost put me to sleep, granted it was silly o clock when the match was on and the caffeine had worn off. But it started off very slow. It did get better during the last five minutes, but i wouldn't say it was one of the best matches of the year, i felt Cena v Michaels blew it out of the water.

Both matches mentioned were better than they had any right to be though.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how did the taker/batista match come off on tv? i havent seen wrestlemania in a tv format yet but live the crowd was way more in to the taker match than the main event

• Advertisement

Because i am so anti-taker, krudler. It's kinda hard for me to answer this objectively, but i will give it a shot.

First off, Takers entrance bores the hell out of me, live or on TV. It just bores me, but the first half of the match just seemed for me to be slow, plodding. Cos Taker hasn't done a lot for me for years, and Batista has been a shell of his former self since coming back from injury. I couldn't get into it. Crowd ate it up tho, because, Batista hasn't really been a big fan fave since he came back from injury, so they wanted to see Taker win, and i can see why in that case.

Second half of the match did surprise me as the quality improved a lot somewhat. And the last few minutes, the crowd went nuts.

Personally i thought the MITB was the best match of the card. But Mania for me hasn't been great since X-7.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

ec18 wrote:
    Probably more undertakers drive bikes than you think he wasn't there as the undertaker he was the american bad ass Undertaker was his ring name...Austin wasn't really stone cold and triple H isn't really a game....see the names don't have to make sense......Taker was better as the bad ass cause he could respond to other people......Instead of rolling his eyes....or saying rest in peace......old school maybe but boring....everyones entitled to their opinions so be cool alright....less of the language....shows when you've run out of things to say

Taking me pretty seriously arent you. This wrestling business is all very serious. And yes Undertaker was his name, the other samples are nicknames so your arguement holds no water. Anyway thats just silly.

More seriously, anyone who thinks Flair is a good worker is living in the 80's. He is useless now and his physique is laughable, no, its vomit-inducing. Taker is ripped, in the best shape of his life and flys around the ring with the speed of a man half his weight. His charachter, despite being old, is spot on and what miscreant said that it was a mistake to put the title on him because he got injured? (validR?) How could anyone predict this with any certainty? Do you know nothing about physical conditioning? Oh yeah I forgot, your a fat internet geek. (I'm out for that one). He's been getting himself into prime shape for his title run and it is at this time he is least likely to get injured due to greater physical endurance etc. Go lift a weight and see. (Preferably heavier than your mouse)

More seriously, anyone who thinks Flair is a good worker is living in the 80's. He is useless now and his physique is laughable, no, its vomit-inducing. Taker is ripped, in the best shape of his life and flys around the ring with the speed of a man half his weight. His charachter, despite being old, is spot on and what miscreant said that it was a mistake to put the title on him because he got injured? (validR?) How could anyone predict this with any certainty? Do you know nothing about physical conditioning? Oh yeah I forgot, your a fat internet geek. (I'm out for that one). He's been getting himself into prime shape for his title run and it is at this time he is least likely to get injured due to greater physical endurance etc. Go lift a weight and see. (Preferably heavier than your mouse)

Taker is ripped? Since when? He's never had any muscle definition in his pectoral area. Just a big-ass beer belly for years. As for his physical conditioning. He's had a problems a-nagging since Mania 21 but kept putting them off for bloody years, and he never did anything about them so i'm delighted that they came back to bite him in the ass now!

And as for your comments towards me, wow, i'm deeply offended. I'll never be able to go offline now. But hey, at least i will sleep eventually, unlike some of us who are off crying now because i "dissed yo' boy 'Taker"

And i don't think anyone is taking this more seriously than you, which is why you're being laughed at... and we're not :)

One final thing... careful what ya type in posts, they come back to bite you.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055055900&referrerid=&highlight=

So if i'm a fat internet geek, i guess that makes you a fat, out of shape game addict who stuffs junk food down his throat playing Elder Scrolls for 20 hours a day on a mission he'll never finish!

Thank you for calling!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

forbesii wrote:
    Taking me pretty seriously arent you. This wrestling business is all very serious. And yes Undertaker was his name, the other samples are nicknames so your arguement holds no water. Anyway thats just silly.

Actually austins name was stone cold steve austin and Triple H was billed as HHH the game when coming to the ring.........What about the rock was he an actual rock.....and the undertaker was not an actual undertaker....ever...he was the phenom......and undertaker never was "ripped" he was just big....if you look at batista or masters.....Can you go back to talking about oblivion and leave this board in peace?

oooh no! you looked at my previous posts! Jeez how the hell did you do that? Surprised you bothered your @rse. I dont see how that came back to haunt me @rsehole its not like im sitting at home ashamed that I play xbox from time to time. Whoa, nobody ever does that, what are these xbox thingys anyway? The fact that you've been leaving posts during the afternoon suggests you've little else to do with your own time so id suggest you buy one to play with in between drinking bavaria and beating your wife. I must say I wont sleep well tonight.

forbesii wrote:
    The fact that you've been leaving posts during the afternoon suggests you've little else to do with your own time so id suggest you buy one to play with in between drinking bavaria and beating your wife. I must say I wont sleep well tonight.

It's called a slack day at work, something you obviously wouldn't know anything about in between bitching on forums and playing GTA. Or maybe it's just a bit of jealousy on your part as i'm getting paid while i post my opinions. What can i say? I'm just that good!

Here's a mission for ya. Steal a car, go collect about 600 euro, drive down to Leeson St and buy yourself a lay for the night. Mission passed, you get $0 but at least the guys on the PW forums don't have to put up with your mundane bull**** for a few hours.

Winner: Everyone else! :)
    VR!

• Advertisement

It's called a slack day at work, something you obviously wouldn't know anything about in between bitching on forums and playing GTA. Or maybe it's just a bit of jealousy on your part as i'm getting paid while i post my opinions. What can i say? I'm just that good!

Here's a mission for ya. Steal a car, go collect about 600 euro, drive down to Leeson St and buy yourself a lay for the night. Mission passed, you get $0 but at least the guys on the PW forums don't have to put up with your mundane bull**** for a few hours.

Winner: Everyone else! :)
    VR!

Funny that you know exactly where to get a prostitute and how much it costs in a city with no official red light district. The wife dosent know about it does she? Oh my God you have a wife and a job and you STILL like wrestling! Get a life man. Unfortunately Leeson Street isnt the answer for you, I dont think the girls (yes even those kind) are into beer bellied, bavaria drinking, middle aged wrestling lovers/computer nerds. Drop the wrestling gig and get your ass down to George Michael or something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

calling the Undertaker (a hall of fame bound, top guy in the WWE) a crippled hasbeen is just plain wrong and disrespectful, although to each their own and you obviously arent a taker fan. that aside please take your fight elsewhere as the rest of us expect wrestling related comments on these pages and not what your producing. (sorry if you think im getting involved where i shouldent but PM each other if its that important)

forbesii wrote:
    Funny that you know exactly where to get a prostitute and how much it costs in a city with no official red light district. The wife dosent know about it does she? Oh my God you have a wife and a job and you STILL like wrestling! Get a life man. Unfortunately Leeson Street isnt the answer for you, I dont think the girls (yes even those kind) are into beer bellied, bavaria drinking, middle aged wrestling lovers/computer nerds. Drop the wrestling gig and get your ass down to George Michael or something.

And you're still here? Damn, the strobes of Halo get to you?
    Seriously, as the lads are saying... if you want a flame war, no worries, i can put you to shame all ****ing day if you like, but you know how to use a PM, so use it.

VR!

Edit: Fozzy, i've said my piece to this sad case, can you delete the last few posts so we can get back on track? Cheers :)

calling the Undertaker (a hall of fame bound, top guy in the WWE) a crippled hasbeen is just plain wrong and disrespectful, although to each their own and you obviously arent a taker fan. that aside please take your fight elsewhere as the rest of us expect wrestling related comments on these pages and not what your producing. (sorry if you think im getting involved where i shouldent but PM each other if its that important)

Undertaker is already in the WO Hall of fame, which is pretty much an accomplishment as it is. WWE's Hall Of Fame is a joke though given the fact that Pete Rose is in it for taking a few Kane Tombstones and Harley Race is in it despite the fact that he was grossly misused by the company and his NWA stuff put WWE to shame in it's day. But i just think he should have hung up the boots a couple of years back, nothing he's done in recent years hasn't already been seen and done before in my own honest opinion. And he's proven me right on the crippled hasbeen at this stage. Sorry! :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

forbesii, no more personal insults. Same for yourself validreasoning. Nobody wants to read this stuff
    Taker is ripped? Since when? He's never had any muscle definition in his pectoral area. Just a big-ass beer belly for years. As for his physical conditioning. He's had a problems a-nagging since Mania 21 but kept putting them off for bloody years, and he never did anything about them so i'm delighted that they came back to bite him in the ass now!

I thought he looked pretty ripped back at the Rumble, you can see the second last photo here. He obviously put some sort of work into getting into shape and I enjoyed him a lot more this year than I had in many years before that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Undertaker is already in the WO Hall of fame, which is pretty much an accomplishment as it is. WWE's Hall Of Fame is a joke though given the fact that Pete Rose is in it for taking a few Kane Tombstones and Harley Race is in it despite the fact that he was grossly misused by the company and his NWA stuff put WWE to shame in it's day. But i just think he should have hung up the boots a couple of years back, nothing he's done in recent years hasn't already been seen and done before in my own honest opinion. And he's proven me right on the crippled hasbeen at this stage. Sorry! :)

VR!

His match against Angle last year at No Mercy was good. Well, it's futile to debate his worth with you as you have already implied you have a hard time being objective when it comes to him. I think there are many people using this forum, who are not necessarily Taker' fans, who would agree he has had some good matches in the last year or two.

You sure you're not referring to the match at No Way Out? In which case i would be inclined to agree with you. Angle was gone by No Mercy last year. But it's hard for me to not like an Angle WWE match though. :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sorry, you are right, it was No Way Out.:D
    What do you think of Angle's time in TNA so far?

He doesn't seem to have a lot of in ring time, which is probably good for him due to his ever declining health. Even his PPV matches don't last pissing time which is a shame. The so called "dream match" with Sting lasted roughly over five minutes. It's just really bad booking or else a load of matches are going into overtime.

VR!

ok im done. sorry VR.

Cool man, opinions conflict, i'm used to being the bollox when it comes to Taker :)

VR!

Advertisement