Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 30/4/07---not ruined

• 01-05-2007 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

1)-- Orton V Edge match---they kept talking about how long the match last week ( cena / shawn ) was, and i was full sure this was going to be a long long match
    i was happy in the end.

2)--I like vince as the ECW champ, now the ould guys can leave, cause they don't seem happy about it. The new breed can take over. Things change and life goes on, you can't live in the past. Vince won, thats life, live with it ould guys.

3)--Cade / Murdoch--- these guys will be the next tag champs, i like them. Cade sounds like Todd on the mic.

4)--Kennedy--- i was hoping he would come out on backlash and beat cena to win the wwe belt, but he told us when he is cashing the case in. Do i believe him......No, i don't.

5)--I liked the Umaga / RVD match.

I liked raw last night.

Another point ( don't want to start a new thread.)

I noticed on wwe.com that everyone ( not me) voted the mvp/ benoit match as the best match at backlash ( I FF'ed that match, i was busy all weekend) and i was worried that wwe might start having feck all ( and long) matches on raw. I want to see a show, if i want to see wrestling matches ( loads of wrestling technic) i would watch other wrestling programs and i would find them, if i looked, they all have w in them, bar noah which i have never seen, i assume these are animals in a ark.

Some people are always putting wwe down. WWE is what it is and i like it. I loved vince winning the belt at backlash. Short matches 95% of the time and loads of messing and humour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

triple h wrote:

I liked raw last night.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

triple h wrote:
    I loved vince winning the belt at backlash.

I think the problem with that is that virtually everyone who enjoyed that match (myself included) wanted Shane to win. I was hoping that it would be the catalyst for Shane to take over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think the problem with that is that virtually everyone who enjoyed that match (myself included) wanted Shane to win. I was hoping that it would be the catalyst for Shane to take over

your right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

triple h wrote:
    I want to see a show, if i want to see wrestling matches ( loads of wrestling technic) i would watch other wrestling programs and i would find them.

God forbid they put wrestling on a wrestling programme!

You probably wouldn't find wrestling on other wrestling shows as TNA has become a mess and from what I've heard, ROH's wrestling has not been as good as previous years' efforts. WSX wasn't technical wrestling either.

It seems WWE has put out the best wrestling of the year thus far and long may it continue.
    Sadly they f*cked up what was a good show up until that point (particularly Edge and Orton) by putting the waste of space that is Khali into a feud with Cena.

Thumbs down for WWE therefore in my book and their inept logic.

EDIT: And in goes the spoiler tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

and from what I've heard, ROH's wrestling has not been as good as previous years' efforts.

Where have you been hearing that?! I may not have seen any ROH shows from this year, but every review I've read about their shows has been excellent. They've been having their most consistent run of great shows ever as far as I've heard. Double C and gimmick gave great reviews of the ROH shows that they've seen this year in other threads

I'm not liking what I've heard about Raw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Where have you been hearing that?! I may not have seen any ROH shows from this year, but every review I've read about their shows has been excellent. They've been having their most consistent run of great shows ever as far as I've heard. Double C and gimmick gave great reviews of the ROH shows that they've seen this year in other threads

I was listening to Bryan Alvarez's audio show a week ago and he was saying how bored he was with the product and that none of the matches he's seen could touch what Cena and HBK did. As someone who doesn't take the effort to keep up with their product, the biggest thing I've heard from ROH recently is that a lot of their guys are leaving them. I've not heard about any stellar matches worth checking out.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I'm not liking what I've heard about Raw

Raw was actually doing very well up until the ending. Prior to the show Dave Meltzer wrote:

"More than at any point in several years, the company seems more in a 'wrestling' mindset. If history is any indication, I'd say enjoy it while you can because wrestling is always changing."

Looking at the next feud they have set up for Cena the 'wrestling' mindset has come to an abrupt end. At least on Raw anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Alvarez is not as gung ho as some are about Ring of Honor (which I like) but he's generally given positive reviews about their shows since he's been covering them regularly for the last 9 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Edge - Orton was as good as Cena - Michaels IMO. For 2 heels to work a match and get the crowd into it that much to the point that the crowd split in 2 and started cheering for one guy after months of booing them is no small feet. Thought this was a great Raw. Every segment had something newsworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Sadly they f*cked up what was a good show up until that point (particularly Edge and Orton) by putting the waste of space that is Khali into a feud with Cena.
    Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
    I thought this was a non-spoiler thread, hence the 'not ruined' in the title. I read this before watching RAW. Argh!

Advertisement