Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points!!!!

Options
  • 01-05-2007 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey!!
    I was just wondering what points are people looking for?

What points do you need?? 69 votes

0-100
    0% 0 votes
    100-200
    4% 3 votes
    200-300
    1% 1 vote
    300-400
    5% 4 votes
    400-500
    34% 24 votes
    500 +
    53% 37 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mé F&#233 wrote: »
    Hey!!
    I was just wondering what points are people looking for?

I'm hoping to get 450, my course is 435, and it's mechanical engineering in ucd.:D , i'm just hoping i get it...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

I plan on doing graphic design and I need 160 pts for that I dont need points for the other course I want but I think I can get the points but if I pass the leaving or not thats sometin else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

I'm hoping to do psych. in TCD so i need minimum 550. I only got 475 in Mocks so I have a lot of work to do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Need 365, got 370 (I I remember correctly) so hoping to boost that up a little I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wheres the Atari Jaguar option on that poll?! Where?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

600 points if i get anything lower im repeating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I need 485 for law (got 475 in the mocks) so I'm aiming for well over 500. It'll be interesting to see who votes in the 0-100 category...

Steve01 wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see who votes in the 0-100 category...

They're people too......

Some intense words from boger there as well....

I say again, where the hell is the atari jaguar option?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

300 or so here for my first choice.
    Got 290 in the mocks, so I will just keep consistent to maintain that.
    I am not going to break my balls studying massive hours considering their
    really isnt any course that interests me enough to warrant such actions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

There aren't really all that many courses requiring <100 points anyway...

• Advertisement

Theres quite a few actually, Business in Dundalk is 85 and there are a lot of AQA (All Qualified Applicants) courses on the CAO.

Again, the number of points isn't a measure of how good the course is, it just shows the demand for that course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

cson wrote:
    Theres quite a few actually, Business in Dundalk is 85 and there are a lot of AQA (All Qualified Applicants) courses on the CAO.

Again, the number of points isn't a measure of how good the course is, it just shows the demand for that course.

True, and the required points level doesent accurately indicate a candidates suitability or aptitude for the course, thats where matriculation requirements come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah, hm, I checked qualifax and only got about 4/5 ones under 100 that actually require any points at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Does it matter?

Need about 320 to be safe, going for 480 for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

boger wrote:

LOL.

And how many years of your life are you willing to waste if you don't get that the first few times?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well since my first choice is a new course, theres no previous years to base the points on.However the college (NUIM) is estimating that the course (Business and Management) should only be about 380 (probably 400 at the max), which should be easy enough to get.I'm planning on getting an A2 in honours economics (90), a B2 in honours History and Business (150), a C2 in honours English and German (130) and a merit in LCVP (50), which will give me a grand total of 420......which should be more than sufficient for my course (also thats only on the low scale of things.Odds are i'll probably score a good 15-20 points higher).

Oh and i'll need a C3 in Maths as well, which I should be able to get easily enough (got a D1 in the mocks with little to no work).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

3 or 4 should do me grand tbh.

(Should have made it a public poll, that would be interesting. :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

boger wrote:
    What if you get 590? No course you wouldn't get with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Looking for 550 or so, got 530 in the pres including a c2. I need probably a maximum of 500 for the course I want which was 465 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

boger wrote:

Thats just sad. Two weeks into college no one will care anyway. Just get enough for your course, which unless your going to cam or somewhere similar is not 600. (Although I think a scholarship to RCSI is 600-not sure though. And of course you could do medicine elsewhere.)

The leaving cert. is not a be all and end all in itself. It's a passport to get to do what you want to do, whether that is carpentry, medicine or abstract baskest weaving. Yeah thats how I stop myself feeling guilty about not studying.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Methinks he was just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Course is 355, got 360 in mocks and i want to get around 400, id be proud of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I need 420 for my second choice, but I'm aiming kinda high for 450ish in my first choice. Highly unlikely I'll get that high, but worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Man Down

My two courses of main interest are Computer Multimedia Programming in IADT. One a Level 7 and the other a Level 8. You end up with the same degree after finishing each course but with the level 7 you have to spend one extra year than the Level 8.

Points for the level 8 were like 130 last year I think and the Level 8 is new and they're predicting that around the 300 range.

I'd be happy with 300 but at this stage I'd say 260 - 280 would be more realistic considering I've done toss all study. So I'm farily sure I'm still sorted for the Level 7 and as I'm fairly young I dont think I'll mind spending the extra year there if I dont get the Level 8. (Then again I say that now...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Need 530-ish to be very safe for Law and French in UCC. Got 480 in the mocks. Not sure if I can get it really, though I plan to try very hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Selphie wrote:
    Need 530-ish to be very safe for Law and French in UCC. Got 480 in the mocks. Not sure if I can get it really, though I plan to try very hard.

Of course you can!!!

500 is all I need to be safe, my course was 485 last year but law app's are gone up by 8% so...

*wishes he could use his pre results for his real points*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

md99 wrote:
    500 is all I need to be safe, my course was 485 last year but law app's are gone up by 8% so...

Damn, that means Law will probably go up a few points this year
    *starts studying overtime*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Need 445, about 470 to be safe. I got 460 in the mocks so I'm on the way. Though, I'm probably capable of getting 530+...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

dan719 wrote:
    Thats just sad. Two weeks into college no one will care anyway. Just get enough for your course, which unless your going to cam or somewhere similar is not 600. (Although I think a scholarship to RCSI is 600-not sure though. And of course you could do medicine elsewhere.)

The leaving cert. is not a be all and end all in itself. It's a passport to get to do what you want to do, whether that is carpentry, medicine or abstract baskest weaving. Yeah thats how I stop myself feeling guilty about not studying.:rolleyes:

from me atarting 5th year i always said i am going to get 600 points, i no i am capable of it so if you think its sad i honestly could not care less. if i get 590 points im repeating. its my choice and i honestly could not care if you think its sad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Wow your capable of 600 points. So am I and so are a lot of people. Not only that but by repeating you disqualify yourself for entrance scholarships to ucd and trinity. As well as wasting a year of your life. Surely your energies would be better directed at achieving a first class honours in your chosen degree. Something which I believe would be much more impressive then 600 in a exam that rewards rote learning more then natural ability.

Advertisement