Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points!!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

lilmizzme wrote:
    Are you serious??Wow not only am I a genius for working out a Leaving Cert equation, I am also psychic...this is great....
    Let me know if you do get those 600 points....there's hope for us all if you do....

lmao

This thread is so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

Rozabeez wrote:
    If only your maturity could match your claimed intelligence boger. I don't see the point in wasting a year of your life if you get less than 600 points, just to say you did? Come on...why bother? That's cutting your nose off to spite your face right there, then again the extra year or 3 could help you prepare your social skills for college.

i dont see why anybody in this site especially moderators should be aloud to call somebody immature, a liar, in sociable, and basically talk down to someone.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Its your attitude to peoples' opinions of your decision, as if you actually can't understand why we find it so laughable, that bothers me.

Are moderators not entitled to their opinions?

moderators are entitled to their own opinions. but they are not allowed to do presonal attacks on anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

aw but you make it so easy boger..its hard to resist sometimes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

boger you manage to always get in an argument with someone. it's not our fault if you're so morally correct!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My apologies, boger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eimear89

Need to get 570 to guarantee getting dentistry. I don't know if I'll get it cos I kind of screwed up my german oral which i was counting for an A1. I got 500 in the mocks but I have totally lost interest in studying since then. I'm just sick of waiting for the leaving, i just want to get it over with now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

eimear89 wrote:
    I'm just sick of waiting for the leaving, i just want to get it over with now.

Know what ya mean, in the same boat here completely. Got 500 in the mocks although thank God I dont need anywher near 570!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

JC 2K3 wrote:
    More conformists than geeks, as points are ameasure of the popularity of the course rather than the difficulty level.

Although the following scenario can also arise. A course has fifteen places. Sixteen people apply. Fifteen of these people score six hundred points(they consider repeating but decide against it-only messing boger:D ) and the sixteenth person scores one hundred points, this course was not exactly popular but will still be quoted as 600 in the points requirement. If someone was to drop out, the points would then fall to one hundred(assuming this person satisfied matriculation requirements)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

mmm, but my point was more that something like Engineering or Computer Science is not any less "difficult" than say Medicine or Law, they're just less popular and therefore have lower points.

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote:
    My apologies, boger.

ill pray for u rozabeez.

i hope everybody else achieves the points u deserve in ure lc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

boger wrote:
    ill pray for u rozabeez.

Do I detect anger- what people deserve rather then want?;)

your probably the only one here that doesnt speak crap, so i hope u get what you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

boger wrote:
    ill pray for u rozabeez.

I backed down, what is your problem? I apologised ffs, I know I was out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

JC 2K3 wrote:
    mmm, but my point was more that something like Engineering or Computer Science is not any less "difficult" than say Medicine or Law, they're just less popular and therefore have lower points.

Not true for medicine, hardest course out there I think. But in general yes, JC2k3 is correct, the IT course in NUIG is supposadly one of the hardest ones there, but it's always ~300 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shaner-B

my course, Business & Management, is a new one so i actually dont know what points i need!!the guy from maynooth said it should be about 380-420!!im hoping 380!! god im surprised by the amount of people who need 500+!!!:eek: wouldn't like that type of pressure!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeahh, I only need to thanks to demand..so craaap...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Fobia wrote:
    Not true for medicine, hardest course out there I think. But in general yes, JC2k3 is correct, the IT course in NUIG is supposadly one of the hardest ones there, but it's always ~300 points.

Same for primary teaching apparently, not to the same extent as med but the workload is the same for the 3yrs. They cram it all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Basket Weaving on the Blaskets is insanely difficult or so I've heard. . .as is the Magician Course in GMIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoiner

tastainn 300 points, le cunadh de eiroidh liom.....

ta me ag deanamh eolaicht san ollsciol gaillimhe..... buiochas le dia....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Shaner-B wrote:
    my course, Business & Management, is a new one so i actually dont know what points i need!!the guy from maynooth said it should be about 380-420!!im hoping 380!! god im surprised by the amount of people who need 500+!!!:eek: wouldn't like that type of pressure!!:)
    Hey Shaner we're aiming for the same course!Hope we both get places!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ya spelt ollscoil wrong there skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

Fobia wrote:
    Not true for medicine, hardest course out there I think.

I've been told from meds that that's not really true. Still rock hard of course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well in theory a course is only hard if you percieve it to be so. If you're terming courses hard due to the amount of hours per week that is no indication whatsoever.

For example, if you weren't a very maths orientated person and chose say Financial Maths in UCG because you wanted a career in Banking then you would find that course extremely difficult.

Also, I would expect medicine to be a challenging course. You have life and death in your hands being a doctor so I would expect doctors in this country to have recieved the best possible training avalible.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Yazamalainia

just wondering , people always seem to be talking about points but is anyone thinking moreso about grades???

i need bout 360 and i got 400 in the mocks so im not overly worried bout points, but im losing sleep over worrying whether i'll get my A in history or french

anyone else the same???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Need about 530 to be sure. Last year the points for English TSM in Trinity were about 510. I got 540 in my mocks and think I'll go up in English and Maths but maybe down in Irish (because I haven't done a tap) and Art.
    but im losing sleep over worrying whether i'll get my A in history or french

anyone else the same???

I will be gutted if I don't get my A1 in French but that's about it. And I'd like an A in English but...unlikely.

Advertisement