Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Shows to catch up on over Summer...

• 01-05-2007 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to have a lot of spare time over the Summer and can't think of anything better to be doing other than catching up on some of the series over the past few years or so.

So far, I have these on my list to catch up on:

Battlestar Galactica (I love this show but haven't had anytime at all to watch season 2, not to mention season 3!)
    Las Vegas (Looking forward to this the most :))
    Drive (a shame that it was cancelled so early, but I'll be watching the six episodes when they're released)
    Jericho (I notice that it's been getting some great reviews)
    Desperate Housewives (liked Season one but then other fabulous shows were aired)
    24 (Have never gotten a chance to watch a season!)
    Scrubs (You need some comedy in your life)

Can anyone recommend any other shows? I've probably forgotten a load!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Dunno what you've seen but I'll just state some of my faves.

Oz.
    The Sopranos.
    The Wire.

Most anything HBO really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

for me personally:

las vegas
    jericho
    supernatural
    battlestar galactica

might rewatch:
    heroes
    dexter
    weeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I would happily spend my summer watching:

Heroes (best thing ever written)
    Lost
    CSI: NY (not the others)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Watch Dexter if you haven't already seen it and prepare to be mostly disappointed with a big chunk of season 3 of Battlestar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This summer I will be mostly watching CSI and Law & Order :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

purplegeko wrote:
    Heroes (best thing ever written)
    Ah, how could anybody even consider this to be anywhere near the best thing ever written?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mainstay

You should check out Deadwood, I believe that Season 3 wil be out on DVD soon. Get all three seasons.

Also Season one of Veronica Mars ignore the other seasons the drop in quality was quite steep (though I still watch it)

Heroes and LOST are also well worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

S.M.B. wrote:
    Ah, how could anybody even consider this to be anywhere near the best thing ever written?

Please do share what is on tv now that is better?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

S.M.B. wrote:
    Because they've watched it? :) I watch lots of shows and still consider this to be amongst the very best airing currently. Scratch that - the best airing right now on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

pokerwidow wrote:
    Please do share what is on tv now that is better?
    ixoy wrote:
    Because they've watched it? I watch lots of shows and still consider this to be amongst the very best airing currently. Scratch that - the best airing right now on TV.
    Before it descends into a '___________' Vs 'Heroes' debate I'd like to hear why it's so great. I think the onus is on you guys to prove that it's the greatest show at the moment than on me to prove it's not.

I liked 'Heroes' when it first came out, it did what it did well, but it's got worse and worse over time and now the negatives far outweigh the positives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

that basically sums up my opinion on heroes
    shows i plan to watch over summer:
    Battlestar Galactica-hopefully my cousin has taped it for me..........
    Lost:Seasons 1 and 2, to remind me how great it was before season 3
    24:Seasons 1,2,3 and 4-to remind me how great before season 5
    The West Wing-been recommenef by alot of peeps
    Farscape....ditto
    Babylon 5....mega ditto
    80s Battlestar Galactica
    Dexter
    and ive heard great things about the wire as well........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

S.M.B. wrote:
    I liked 'Heroes' when it first came out, it did what it did well, but it's got worse and worse over time and now the negatives far outweigh the positives.
    I find it keeps going from strength to strength actually.

This weeks episode was exceptionally amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Agreed. This weeks was the best episode I have seen from any show for some time.

The Wire
    The Soprano's
    Entourage
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Lost
    Veronica Mars
    Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
    Weeds
    South Park

All currently running (or just about), all great and all better than 'Heroes'. :D

Always worth watching/rewatching the following:

Six Feet Under
    BtVS
    Firefly
    Twin Peaks
    The West Wing
    Arrested Development
    Freaks & Geeks
    Undeclared
    Deadwood
    Classic Simpsons

A lot of these can be rented from Xtravision so I'm thinking it's time to revisit some of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I plan on watching all of...

House
    Jericho
    Dexter
    Friday Night Lights
    Battlestar (re-watch it all)
    Lost (same again)
    Gray's Anatomy (supposed to be great)

is recsue me worth investing in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

is recsue me worth investing in?

Absolutly. Its a fantastic (imo) show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

at the moment i'm trying to catch up with veronica mars (just started the third season)

over the summer i shall be watching...

trailer park boys
    oz
    and anything else that pops into my head from now until then

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

When does Heroes get good? I've forced myself through eleven episodes telling myself that maybe next week... but it's extremely dull and derivative so far with woefully antipathetic characters.

Spend your summer watching The Prisoner or The Shield or old episodes of Six Feet Under maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

When does Heroes get good? I've forced myself through eleven episodes telling myself that maybe next week... but it's extremely dull and derivative so far with woefully antipathetic characters.
    Ya watching the same show? It's far from dull - one of the qualities that makes it so enjoyable is that it's constantly pushing the story along, without leaving a load of cryptic questions. Lots of interesting characters and some goals along the way to get through. Wonderful scenes in there too.
    Spend your summer watching The Prisoner or The Shield or old episodes of Six Feet Under maybe?
    Haven't seen "The Prisoner", but "The Shield" is a very good bet. S6 is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I came to that conclusion after 2 episodes. Didn't see anything interesting or potentially in this show at all.

The final straw for me was that 'sexy' webcam stripper who teased a lot but never showed anything. That in itself didn't bother me but I hate tv that trys to be edgy yet treats the viewer like a 10 year old (eg Star Trek Enterprise) . This unfortunately seemed to confirm the kind of audience they were going for. Horny geek boys.

another show i may visit is the unit........

Advertisement