Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fantasy League

• 01-05-2007 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I just heard from a reliable source that wwe could drop the fantasy league. It looks almost certain to be dropped.
    What a pity. I was sure we would be playing for the next 60 years.

Well 4 leagues and i won 50% of them. I said i would, and i did.

Only 3 of us have cream jackets ( well the golfers have the green jackets). The right guys have the jackets cause in every league we rose to the top ( like cream does.)

So i will go down in the history books as the best there is, the best there ever was and the best there ever will be. All rise and praise me, i love it. The first, the last and the best.

I loved the fantasy league, i loved the feeling that your brain was in a frying pan every week, it was so much hard work on the brain. you would only get tired after the league was over cause you would find your brain still doing 90 miles an hour when watching a show ( when the league was over) and you had nothing to work for and thats why you would get tired.

Fozzy got a get out of jail free card. I reckon this mod job could have taken something away from his skills as a cream ( masters) jacket owner. He may have been in 3rd for years (until he left the mod job.)

The guys that wanted the cream ( masters) jacket, well i don't think they were ever going to get it. Could be wrong, we will never know, hehe heh eh eh eh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't believe your source triple h. I see this as some sort of plot to convince people like me that it's not on again, so that you won't be beaten

It's a good laugh doing it alright, it can make a boring episode of Raw/SD a bit more exciting too. My mod job would only help me I think, I've got all this insider info now, rubbing shoulders with important people in the wrestling world

You'll go down in the history books as someone who just got lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

You did get lucky Triple H, this season was gonna be my time, lol.

Seriously, what if we did our own league? It'd be very crude and would probably lack accuracy, but I suppose if we wanted it to work, it'd work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

That would be utter crap. I really wanted to do this and only found out about two weeks ago while scrolling through old threads

I think we could do our own league if we wanted. But the next WWE league wouldn't be due to start for another 7 weeks or so I think. It'd start either 8 or 10 weeks before Summerslam. So I think it's still too early to speculate. Unless you're triple h's source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Well it's not 100% yet. most likely 95% at the moment.
    my source is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm triple h's source!!!! Seriously, I read it on the torch board and was reported on the torch site apparently. Nothing is 100% confirmed but by the sounds of it, it looks to be over.

EDIT:If this is the end of the league, Fozzy must introduce the boards.ie Wrestling Hall of Fame and I say triple h should be the first inductee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

If this is the end of the league, Fozzy must introduce the boards.ie Wrestling Hall of Fame and I say triple h should be the first inductee!

If that happens, I'm leaving this wrestling board!

Seriously though, whats the point? There could only ever be three inductees! NO this is not jealousy!

Ah that's crappy. I was just searching a bit on it, and I found out that the top two teams overall in Season 9 were two guys who are involved with making the official WWE collectible card game

I couldn't put triple h into a hall of fame, there wouldn't be anyone worthy enough to induct him!

A few interesting points above.

What a fantastic idea vince, a HALL OF FAME in here. But it is true when Minto says that there will only ever be three inductees, cause after myself, vince and fozzy are in the HALL OF FAME thats it, close shop, we are the famous guys in here, who else is famous in here.

Myself, Vince and Fozzy are famous in here cause we are champions. WE will always be remembered in here cause we are champions. Take for example mr nice guy, who has been around here ( from what i have read) since God was a boy and yet he is not as famous as the three guys in cream jackets. You don't think thats true, well, for example, who is the first person you think of when you hear Springfield, Ned Flanders ( the mr nice guy of that town), i think not.

I know mr nice guy is not as famous as the three champions, but as i said he has been around since God was a boy, so maybe he can induct us. If i won the overall league i could get Michelle Mc Cool to induct us. But it looks like the league is over and i would say it is because of ' the insiders' that won.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot--"Oh please. Minto. Don't. Leave. Wha'ts that, I am doing impotrant business on the computer, nearly finished, be there in 2 minutes. Sorry about that guys, yawn, god i was up early today, where was i, oh yeah, oh please minto dont leave, oh yeah. The. Boards. We. Would. Miss. You. So. Much."

WWE Fantasy
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WWE Fantasy was an online fantasy sports game located at World Wrestling Entertainment's official website at WWE.com that ended May 2007. The game was eligible to most citizens from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

WWE announced the discontinuation of it's WWE Fantasy league on WWE.com. The league may have become more trouble than it was worth, as there were often scoring discrepancies because of errors in the point tallies and delays between TV tapings and the airing of shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

triple h wrote:
    WWE Fantasy
    scoring discrepancies

I demand a recount!

A recount on the season you won for sure.

away from the topic
    i have to get this off my chest " jesus, i would love to read the mr nice guy thread about the SD spoiler new champ, but i can't, I hope it's edge. We all knew there was going to be a new champ, hope its not Batista"

Remember the season you won, you got the show results for one week ( maybe more, one i know about) before the 12 o clock monday deadline. I reckon that was the biggest problem with the league. It did not happen in the last league, i was watching, so that was good for everyone.

Advertisement