Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a GREAT game

Options
  • 01-05-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

My 360 broke so I am looking for a great game to play.

Shadow of The Colossus
    God of War
    etc etc

ANY game that is genuinely, BRILLIANT.

Only thing is, it has to be less than €22.64 as that's all I have left on my 3v card.

It can be a ps2 game/pc game

Odd request, I know. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Fahrenheit for the PS2....One of the greatest and most genuinely brilliant games I've ever played! :) It takes a while to get into it but once the story kicks off it is absolutely awesome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Get morrowind I picked it up for 5euros with the expansions and was hooked.
    You played oblivion? by the same people, less flash but IMHO a better game with story etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53144082&postcount=74
    so close to your budget:(

€15.49 for the Prince of Persia trilogy (worth the price for the first game alone, if you haven't played it yet...)
    €18.49 for one of the greatest games of the last generation (temporarily out of stock though...)
    €18.49 for DMC3 SE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I agree, get RE 4, fantastic game.

Keep in mind Morrowind is only 5 euros, best 5 euros I ever spent, I'm still playing on it two years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Where is Morrowind for €5?
    tman wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...2&postcount=74
    so close to your budget

€15.49 for the Prince of Persia trilogy (worth the price for the first game alone, if you haven't played it yet...)
    €18.49 for one of the greatest games of the last generation (temporarily out of stock though...)
    €18.49 for DMC3 SE

I know :( I was gutted when I saw I didn't have enough left for Okami.

Hmm, They're three excellent games by the sounds of it, and 3 games for €15! :eek:

I don't know what to choose now! lol.

Thanks for replies guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Timans wrote:
    Where is Morrowind for €5?

I know :( I was gutted when I saw I didn't have enough left for Okami.

Hmm, They're three excellent games by the sounds of it, and 3 games for €15! :eek:

I don't know what to choose now! lol.

Thanks for replies guys.
    If you like story, character & gorgeous design -- gotta be the PoP:The Sands of Time. No question.
    The other 2 were alright gameplay wise, but fvck me but if the design didn't take a massive leap backwards into the "pointless tits, swearing & gore" category. Felt like a POS designed specifically to appeal to scousers.

DMC3:SE will probably kick your ass the first few times you play it, but it might have more replay value than the PoP games -- since you can play it for kicks, whereas PoP is more about story; once you finish it, I see very little reason to go back (except for PoP:TSoT, since, as mentioned, it's gorgeous).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Psychonauts - PS2 - EUR 15.49 :)

Rome Total War - PC - EUR 20.49

Baldur's Gate Compilation - PC - though presumably you have already played these, if not, damnit man! - EUR 15.49 (out of stock tho :( )

Resi Evil 4 is a must have. Someone else mentioned Fahrenheit, recommend that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What about Canis Canem Edit (Bully)?

I have every single GTA game and I think this is far different to the GTA clone that some people claim it to be, the school yard is a great setting for a game and there are many memorable missions. Great game in it's own right.

€15.49 from Play, out of stock at the moment though.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/705380/-/Product.html?searchstring=Canis+Canem+Edit&searchsource=0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not even one mention of Okami? It's going cheap in xtravision as well.

Or maybe Civilisation IV (PC). Very involving, deep, turn-based strategy game.
    I still play Civ2 sometimes!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/688285/Civilization_IV/Product.html

€15.49 again from Play.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Not even one mention of Okami? It's going cheap in xtravision as well.

It seems to break his internet budget of €22.64 on his 3v card :D

Pity, it's only €23.49 from Play and I hopefully should be getting it in the post today or to-morrow. Happy days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's worth the extra money.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's worth the extra money.

Can't wait to play it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Instant Chess. It's got flags.

Diablo 2.

If you haven't played Prince of Persia: Sands of Time you really should check it out. Should be going very cheap these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I just ordered Devil May Cry 3.

It better be good! I have some cash so I might get Okami or any ps2 game if I see it cheapish around.

koneko, I have never played Baldurs gate. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

bully is a good game for the ps2

but it cost alot of $

Timans wrote:

If you like RPGs, you owe it to yourself (particularly II).

Timans wrote:
    I just ordered Devil May Cry 3.

It better be good!

If you persevere past the first boss Cerberus you will start enjoying it. He's a real baptism of fire and by far the toughest boss in the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Timans wrote:
    I'm with Koneko, you seriously should play both games. They are definitely among the top RPGs of all time.

No game in Wexford :( or even near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

God of War 2 is FANTASTIC!!! Brutal and epic from the offset.....first fing level is a boss battle. ut a bit more than your budget allows unless there is a cheap copy on Ebay...........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you should enjoy DMC3. great fun, great soundtrack to it too. really gets the blood pumpin.

Just picked up Shadow of The Collosus as well from xtra-vision for €19.95.

And evad, I blame your dodgy version of Shenmue for fuking up my 360.

My account is declined every time. And, I have been charge €1.50 like, 5 times for what I think is when I change my address on my card.

So, I am not getting DMC3 and am down to €16.

Happy days...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Timans wrote:
    Just picked up Shadow of The Collosus as well from xtra-vision for €19.95.

And evad, I blame your dodgy version of Shenmue for fuking up my 360.

ha what happened there?

Advertisement