Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guttering huge price differences.

Options
  • 01-05-2007 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭

Am in the process of replacing guttering and facia, had two quotes one quote was for 2,495Euro and the other was for Eur3,813, I'm at loss at the huge price difference and which one to pick, is it a case of going out and getting references or should I source more quotes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was a bit surprised to be charged €240 at the weekend for basic black guttering (+ fittings) for a 17' x 10' shed. The place I bought it is a builders' providers which usually has the best value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

It all depends on your house really and how much there is to be done. I live in a 40 by 30ft detached bungalow and have been quoted anything from €1500 to €2800 for the whole lot. €1500-1600 would be a reasonable quote going on what some of my neighbours have paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

be careful going for the cheaper option -its not good quality -ask the installer for a price on the freefoam ogee as this carries a 20 yr gaurantee plus the installer should give u a labour gaurantee -lots of pvc on the market is of a low quality which goes pink after a few years -u pay for what u get

heres a link www.freefoam.ie

u can do serious damage to ur roof with poorly installed soffit gutters and facia boards and these problems dont surface for a few years which is normally too late -beware of the travelling boys giving u a good deal it will cost u in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Just wondering if this exists! I'm looking for something to go over my guttering - a wire frame or something like that - to keep leaves and other debris out. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

it does exist it a gutter gaurd -various forms available email the link above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Many thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

It all depends on your house really and how much there is to be done. I live in a 40 by 30ft detached bungalow and have been quoted anything from €1500 to €2800 for the whole lot. €1500-1600 would be a reasonable quote going on what some of my neighbours have paid.

Its quite a large house, price difference just seems mad to me, do I go for the cheaper option, not always the best bet or the most expensive one, got both names from Golden pages, both seem legitimate, have since got another quote which again came in at 3,800 Euro.

Advertisement