Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help on Maigdiléana Le Cathal Ó Searcaigh!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

lilmizzme wrote:
    sweet jesus, JK, calm down, I didnt mean anything by it!Stop looking for an argument in every single thread....Im just saying, it's not something that you would imagine to come up in an Irish language course, seeing as divorce is a reletively new thing to this country..

Actually I take it back..the Irish language Levaing Cert course fully allows for student discussion on topics such as homosexuality, abortion and other such subjects.....now relax!

In fairness, he didn't exactly try and start an argument, he stated a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Fair enough, but he was stating a fact in a pretty argumentative way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

As you've taken it back, there's no reason to discuss it any further. What you said was incorrect and I corrected you. I wasn't looking for an argument.

Imagine that as an essay title - "Do Thuairim ar Ghinmhilleadh a phlé". Probabaly too sensitive a subject to ensure a non-biased correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I dont think I was incorrect in saying its unusual to see a reference to homosexuality in the course...as you say yourself, sensitive subject....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eimear89

Maigdileana is actually the easiest honours poems. Just talk about the indignity and the explotation of the prostitute - drochíde agus an tarcaisne a ghabhann leis an striapachas. Just bull on about that and you're grand.
    But if I'm being honest, it's all a bit pointless because I don't think it's going to come up. Uirchill an Chreagain will - according to my teacher and my friend's grind teacher the people in the department are obsessed with this poem. It's a really easy question because the only thing they ask is cás na tíre and cás an fhile or else they ask about the aisling in general. Also Da mbfhedir... by eithne strong is likely to come up, or so I heard from a reliable source.
    In prose Lig sinn i gcathu and an bean og will come up, probably

• Advertisement

lol, "reliable source".

I'm hoping for Oíche Nollag na mBan, that poem rocks and is the only worthwhile poem on the Irish course IMO. Seán Ó Riordán ftw.

I hate Maigdiléana. And Cathal Ó Searcaigh for that matter. Him and his stupid mid life crisis hat.

That Eithne Strong one hasn't come up in about 6 years or something. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I'm hoping for Oíche Nollag na mBan, that poem rocks and is the only worthwhile poem on the Irish course IMO. Seán Ó Riordán ftw.

Its alright, but Dán do Melissa kicks ass!

"Dán do Mhelissa" ;)

It's ok. But Oíche Nollag na mBan is just class.

Rozabeez wrote:
    That Eithne Strong one hasn't come up in about 6 years or something. Madness.
    The course is one year old....

• Advertisement

:D pwnt

Advertisement