Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saying goodbye

• 01-05-2007 8:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭

I have been banned permanently for politics.
    Currently an appeal is in the pipeline.

I originally came to baards because it was mentioned at an ISS meeting. I have tried to be skeptical but my ban is for being overly skeptical i.e. asking others to support extraordinary claims and when the dont refusing to let then off the hook and aggressivly persuing their avoidance.
    Oh and insisting they be logically consistent as well.

Needless to say I'm not in agreement with their basis for banning me.

Given the way the discussion in feedback was conducted I don't hold any hope for any further appeal.

This is probably better for them, for should my identity be exposed i would not like to get into a legal case about taking my good name. As it stands I am mostly anon.

This post may undermines my case but if the permanent ban is upheld I will have no faith in the process and wont be participating in boards anymore.

I just thought I should tell you. I didn't want to say anything when it was in a position wher you could reply to the feedback thread as I wouldn't look for support based on masses of replies I base my case on what it the right thing to do and the rules to follow.

Some of the posters are already gloating. One even stated that he wondered why he wasnt vomiting reading threads in politics until he noticed I wasnt posting anymore.

I will pop in from time to time to check if there are any Pms.

Could a mod please lock this thread and I ill delete it in a week or so if that suits. It is for information. Anything else can go to PM.

This was also posted to Christianity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

ISAW wrote:
    I have been banned permanently for politics.
    Currently an appeal is in the pipeline.

I originally came to baards because it was mentioned at an ISS meeting. I have tried to be skeptical but my ban is for being overly skeptical i.e. asking others to support extraordinary claims and when the dont refusing to let then off the hook and aggressivly persuing their avoidance.
    Oh and insisting they be logically consistent as well.

Needless to say I'm not in agreement with their basis for banning me.

Given the way the discussion in feedback was conducted I don't hold any hope for any further appeal.

This is probably better for them, for should my identity be exposed i would not like to get into a legal case about taking my good name. As it stands I am mostly anon.

This post may undermines my case but if the permanent ban is upheld I will have no faith in the process and wont be participating in boards anymore.

I just thought I should tell you. I didn't want to say anything when it was in a position wher you could reply to the feedback thread as I wouldn't look for support based on masses of replies I base my case on what it the right thing to do and the rules to follow.

Some of the posters are already gloating. One even stated that he wondered why he wasnt vomiting reading threads in politics until he noticed I wasnt posting anymore.

I will pop in from time to time to check if there are any Pms.

Could a mod please lock this thread and I ill delete it in a week or so if that suits. It is for information. Anything else can go to PM.

This was also posted to Christianity.
    Any chance of a link to the thread? It would be a shame to see you go. I'd like to have a read of the thread and give you my two cent if that's ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Any chance of a link to the thread? It would be a shame to see you go. I'd like to have a read of the thread and give you my two cent if that's ok.

Ok here are the links. Make up your own mind. In fact it seems to have begun over six months ago when a moderator from Paranormal PSI had a debate about science funding and personally attacked me. When this was repeated I asked him if he was calling me a liar and complained about personal attack. I stated i was not posting that thread anymore. The mod I complained to banned me for being overly critical while admitting I had been personally attacked and that he would do nothing about that. I was told later they never discussed me before and decided to discuss me case and ban me permanently when I pointed out all the things in the thread.

Here is the evidence including that they DID discuss me before in spite of saying that I was lying abou that.

I have left out PM to mods and Smods and admins

Original debate:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51588190&postcount=44

Recent debate:

http://www.nologin.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52955140&postcount=54

Feedback forum "appeal" = pillory process:
    http://nologin.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055085405

Help desk discussion:
    http://nologin.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055083077

[on topic for science bit]
    This was locked before I could reply to the fact that their so called "Report by Michael Kelly to IRCSET" doesn't contain any reference to Michael Kelly making any claims which support what it was claimed he did support i.e. NOWHERE is Michael shown stating anything supporting the claims of PSI in the thread about funding science! AFAIK this "report" does not even have one verbatum quote from Michael Kelly. I will leave it for others (hopefully not biased post docs) to continue the debate on how many PhD's to cut and how many post docs should be funded instead.
    [/end obligatory]

Evidence I had been discussed between them before (they denied this but when I persisted they locked the thread):
    http://nologin.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52070561&postcount=129

I believe Clown Bag was referring to me as a "shill"! Indeed he arrived in the feedback thread and insulted me. After I had (in my opinion ) demolished many of his arguments in the Christianity forum - without any political or pro science agenda. The politics mod Tristrame quickly shut up about the subject when I asked him if he had discussed me before. It was denied that they had discussed me though. Obviously they had and told me they hadn't.

The latest news by a lawyer involved in the hirearchy is that there is no legal requirement for boards to be fair. That about says it all for me!

I won't contribute to a biased unfair system where people in positions of responsability can personally attack, gossip, hold secret meetings, accuse without evidence, efuse to tell the truth, make up rules and punishments after the fact and ignore when their flaws are pointed out to them.

Won't be posting these fora anymore.
    Will drop in from time to time (maybe ) for PM's.
    See ya around guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Guitar1979

Typical behavior from forum admins. What is the point of a forum if people cant seriously express what they think? Its a different story when you have people randomly posting rubbish that offends.

Is there any forums out there that people can discuss what they want without having to look over their shoulders after a post????

Havent found one yet..

Zich Heil (probably get banned for that)

:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, if you want to pay the legal fees for any and all lawsuits boards has thrown at it I'm sure the admis would love to allow more freedom of speech

but if not.. *shrug*
    sorry to see you go isaw, you made for interesting reading.

legalities.. bah..

Ah sure i may keep on looking for a Forum that i can say anything i want regardless.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Why not quit your whinning and start one yourself?

Even I'm sorry to see you go ISAW, am sure you'll be back after a break.

I have a life tha's why i'm not starting my own forum. You have a problem with people who want free speech?? can people not complain?? is there a probelm??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have a problem with people who complain but couldnt do it themselves even if they tried. You sat you have a life but do you not think the people who run Boards.ie have lives too?

Advertisement