Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a mortgage broker

Options
  • 01-05-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

can anyone recommed a decent mortgage broker i have been using one but not too happy i get the impression he thinks i am hassling by asking for more details on loans like rates of interest and conditions he seems to be just after his quick commision with doing as little work as possible. Anyone had good experiences pass on there details pls im switching a from shared ownership to full mortgage
    thks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I found Simply Mortgages very good. I can pm you the name of the person I used if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I used Joe Pitcher Financial Services (www.jpfs.ie) when I got my mortgage. They were totally brilliant, and sorted everything for me. A small company, but totally professional and very easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I am a mortgage broker so if you want to pm me, I can have a chat with you about what is best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 tubes

I'm going through Hyland Financial Services in Ratoath. Mark Hyland came out to my house to talk about different options and ran through the documentation with me. I found him very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

Eoghan25 wrote:
    can anyone recommed a decent mortgage broker i have been using one but not too happy i get the impression he thinks i am hassling by asking for more details on loans like rates of interest and conditions he seems to be just after his quick commision with doing as little work as possible. Anyone had good experiences pass on there details pls im switching a from shared ownership to full mortgage
    thks

Brian Whelan
    The Garden Suite, 31 Morehampton Road,
    Donnybrook, Dublin 4.
    brian@sense.ie
    T: 01 668 6136

Star man, several people at work I know have used him and rate him very highly.

Aaron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

I found Rea great to deal with, and they have a couple of office around the country but everything can be done over email anyway. A few friends have used them too and nobody has had any issues

http://www.rea.ie/
    1890 663 663

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 5 Times

This Girl is a topper. She will sort you out.

Caroline Wixted

Mortgage Broker

Tel: 635 4690
    Fax: 635 4601
    Email: cwixted@nationalcredit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

I found Rea great to deal with, and they have a couple of office around the country but everything can be done over email anyway. A few friends have used them too and nobody has had any issues

http://www.rea.ie/
    1890 663 663

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

http://www.muldowneyfs.ie/mfs/asp/section.asp?s=1

I used these guys. I was 24 years old and wanted to buy a 2 bed apartment in Dublin, so needed to arrange an exceptional mortgage. These guys did the job.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://mortgages.ie/ are well worth a look.

I dealt with a lady called Gillian in the EBS in Drumcondra for mine and she was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Ever watch I'm an adult get me out of here? John McGuire's company did my mortgage case. Very good, full of knowledge. Bruce and David are the other guys.

First Credit Mortgages

Also they have a special rate for solicitors fees are fixed at €690. Hard to beat that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ginsberga

You could go through http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mortgages/ . Lots of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

IFG Mortgages Dun Laoaghaire, Niall is the guy, top quality service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I would be very wary of Simply Mortgages as they were exposed on the Prime Time show for screwing people over. I'd also stay well clear of Irish Mortgage Corporation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

rsta wrote:
    Ever watch I'm an adult get me out of here? John McGuire's company did my mortgage case. Very good, full of knowledge. Bruce and David are the other guys.

First Credit Mortgages

Also they have a special rate for solicitors fees are fixed at €690. Hard to beat that price.

I had to come and find my post above here^ and I fully retract what I said. I don't recommend first credit at all.

Don't go through first credit, it seems to me that john is more concerned with fame, rather than providing a professional service with professional knowledgable staff.

If I could change I would probably go with Rea. Unfortunatly its too late for me. But I've told everyone I know not to use First Credit and especially that girl that looked after my case. I don't want to say her name as I'm not sure if that would be trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Ever watch I'm an adult get me out of here?
    Slight tangent -but the 'freaks' on that show are just unreal :)

Yer man last week who did not want to leave daddy cooking and cleaning for him, and his tiny bedroom for anything was almost as good as the 2 very young girls last series who did not work and expected a huge fancy apartment, and for mummy and daddy to pay for it :)

Why would you agree to go on the show - when everyone I have seen on the show has been made to look a muppet [in some cases that was not hard, I agree!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kingdomcome

We've recently found that our broker was doing us out of a good deal and have gone directly to the bank, Is there any come back to get the fee back from them (yes we paid a fee) and also for the valuer we paid for? or should we say goodbye to that money and move on???

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mr.ajay

Slightly off topic - but I should mention that the brokers will not necessarily get you the cheapest deal available.

If you have strong case with two steady incomes etc. its best to go directly to bank.

I didn't know if a broker applies for a mortgage to Bank of Ireland on your behalf then they go through a different entity of the bank called ICS, which are offering mortgages on higher interest rates compared to Bank Of Ireland Mortgage department in Branch or Phone.

Keep your eyes when dealing with a broker and do your research at the same time.

Advertisement