Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vartry Reservoir - Roundwood, Wicklow

Options
  • 01-05-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever fished the Vartry reservoir in Roundwood?

I've been out the last few seasons but have not had much success. Last year I was out six times and caught 3 fish in total! Mind you - one fish was circa 1.5lbs in weight...

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

fished it a few times but its hard from the bank. whereabouts on the bank do you fish? I believe the roundwood side of the lake is tricky due to the overgrowth of bushes and trees. decent access to the lake with space to backcast can be difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I normally fish on the east side of the lower lake. You have to wait until late May when the water level has dropped, then you can wade out a good 20 metres as it is really shallow on that side. I've thought about fishing the river that goes into the lower lake as I've had a good few walks up there and it seems good.

BTW, This year I have (eventually) become a member of the Co. Wicklow Anglers association and so I have a key for the boats on the lake. Should be going out in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how we get on.

A

Advertisement