Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election poster put up on private property

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Fine Gael are the only party that imported their posters.....

AFAIK most posters are put up professionally rather than by supporters.

forgive if im wrong here but as far as i know in the last 24 hours northern Ireland hasn't floated off and joined another country

next time actually make the effort to research something a bit better before you post

your correct santa claus however, ESB do recommend parties not place posters on ESB poles has they DO CAUSE FIRES do to electricity arking (has already been one this year AFAIK). you could always remove it on health and safety grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

miju wrote:
    forgive if im wrong here but as far as i know in the last 24 hours northern Ireland hasn't floated off and joined another country
    It's still importing. When France imports from Spain is it still importing, even though the two touch? Yes.
    So I'm right.
    Goods imported from NI are classed as imports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pink_lady

Bond-007 wrote:
    The local Sinn Fein party has put up a poster on a pole out side my house on private property. I do not wish to be associated with them. They did not ask permission to put it up. Can I remove it?
    SF placed a poster on a pole in my father's field. Like you, he did not want to be associated with them, he turned the poster in towards the field so nobody driving by could see them.

The Fine Gael candidate called round to mine last week. Wife upstairs, me in kitchen in boxers, grilling steak, grill on fire, fire alarm going off, running around kitchen trying to put it out, swearing. And then I looked up and saw the crowd at the window.
    :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The Fine Gael candidate called round to mine last week. Wife upstairs, me in kitchen in boxers, grilling steak, grill on fire, fire alarm going off, running around kitchen trying to put it out, swearing. And then I looked up and saw the crowd at the window.

What will you say to the FF candidate? Hit him with the frying pan?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

while you are right comparing France and Spain to Ireland and N.Ireland is complete apples and oranges, as you well bloody know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It's still importing. When France imports from Spain is it still importing, even though the two touch? Yes.
    So I'm right.
    Goods imported from NI are classed as imports.

A yeah that right. I hope you make that an election issue the next time a FG candidate calls to your door..... and I hope he/she laughs in your face.... When I heard Cowan retort to this last night I had to laugh. Smacks of desperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Disgusting of Cowen, I hope he was called on his partitionism.
    I have to say I respected that man after Questions and Answers last week. Now I despise him.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

pink_lady wrote:
    SF placed a poster on a pole in my father's field. Like you, he did not want to be associated with them, he turned the poster in towards the field so nobody driving by could see them.

once SF get into power your father wont have a field..

its all good :p

Jon wrote:
    once SF get into power your father wont have a field..

its all good :p
    He doesn't anymore because he sadly re-located to the big mansion in the sky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Jon wrote:
    Imported? wow thats odd, but it is FG I suppose.

Why not! Rip Off Ireland drove them to it!

pink_lady wrote:
    He doesn't anymore because he sadly re-located to the big mansion in the sky!

:rolleyes: trust me, Brón Orm! still I thought it was a good one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

miju wrote:

No, but it did in 1921.

Either way, the FG posters are from Germany, not NI.

well can't blame them for importing, most things are cheaper these days on mainland Europe.

Jon wrote:
    :rolleyes: trust me, Brón Orm! still I thought it was a good one:)
    You're alright, Jon- I thought it was funny too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Jon wrote:
    well can't blame them for importing, most things are cheaper these days on mainland Europe.
    If only ALDI/LIDL did election posters...

Advertisement