Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescue diver & first aid course

• 01-05-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

im advanced open water and have 3 specialites, ill be in the philipines this summer and am wondering how intense is the course, i wont be up for much reading/studying cause ill just have finished my LC. ill be doing 2 specialities anyway. but i think ill only be at the sea for around 10 days.

anyone think its worth it? or just take it easy.

whatever happens should get in at least 2 dives a day and get out a good bit at night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

No harm getting the qualification.

I didn't think it was that much work, but if you're just out of exams, then maybe take it easy depending how fried your brain is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

theliam wrote:
    anyone think its worth it? or just take it easy.

Its probably one of the better courses (Rescue) but does need a little concentration, nothing major tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Rescue is one of the better courses to do. You become more safety aware, more capable of self-rescue and assisting others.
    Sure it's a few days work but in the relatively benign waters of the Philippines it should be no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

If you have the time do it. But personally I'd prefer to do the course in Ireland (better reputation for high quality training), and enjoy the relaxed diving over there. Good course too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Scuba.ie wrote:
    If you have the time do it. But personally I'd prefer to do the course in Ireland (better reputation for high quality training), and enjoy the relaxed diving over there. Good course too!

totally agree. I teach in ireland, and i try to make it a little more challenging than most places abroad. Rescuing someone in a drysuit with tons of weight in cold water, compared with someone in a 3ml shortie wit F all weights is far more beneficial.

know wot i mean?

• Advertisement
Advertisement