Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc wooo!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Isnt their some issue with X-Fi soundcards in Vista? I think L31mr0d advised me against buying one right now for this reason.

Worked fine in Vista for me with updated Creative drivers....gone back to Xp for other reasons though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

The medusas are just dodgy headsets tbh. i bought mine back in november and have gotten nothing but trouble from the mic and occasional BUzzing from the headphones when listening to music. Very dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

The medusas are just dodgy headsets tbh. i bought mine back in november and have gotten nothing but trouble from the mic and occasional BUzzing from the headphones when listening to music. Very dissapointed.

The buzzing on the headset may be being caused by the way your USB ports are grounded on your PC.

When I power the head set using my USB ports on my shuttle, I get a very low buzzing in the background when I am listening to things.

However I tried using the 2 pin power adapter that is also included with the headset and power the headset from the wall, I have no issues what so ever(you might what to try it).

I have had zero issues with the headset, it is very comfortable and the MIC is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

DeafVision wrote:
    Off all things.... I cant get my mic to work its really annoying I duno wether its the mic or the vista drivers for the x-fi but the mic is just to low to be audiable(spelling?)

Just make sure the actual mic is enabled in Windows settings.

Mic is muted by default in windows, you have to go to the recording settings in volume controls and select it as a recording device and unmute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I went and spent 30 euro on a microphone today and that doesnt work either? :D

Some laugh! Im using it in teamspeak and it just turns itself off after awhile? Its all really annoying tbh! :D

Those happy faces are sarcasm and the fact I dont care I just want to fix the problem.. :mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DeafVision wrote:
    I went and spent 30 euro on a microphone today and that doesnt work either? :D

Some laugh! Im using it in teamspeak and it just turns itself off after awhile? Its all really annoying tbh! :D

Those happy faces are sarcasm and the fact I dont care I just want to fix the problem.. :mad:

uhm, you've heard of voice activation in teamspeak.. right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

sennheiser ftw daz sennheiser ftw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have to go usb whatever I do.. usb is the only one that will work lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement