Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway to avoid Red Cow roundabout coming up N7?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I heard about the traffic chaos caused by re aligning the Red Cow roundabout on the news today, I'm heading up from Limerick on thursday evening and have to be in ringsend by 7pm, is there a better route to take than straight in through the Red Cow? How much time should I allow from when I hit the Red Cow?

Cheers for any help,

mana

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hi,

I heard about the traffic chaos caused by re aligning the Red Cow roundabout on the news today, I'm heading up from Limerick on thursday evening and have to be in ringsend by 7pm, is there a better route to take than straight in through the Red Cow? How much time should I allow from when I hit the Red Cow?

Cheers for any help,

mana

I guess turning right at newlands cross and heading for tallaght, then left and in the n81 could be a way to go. Traffic does be pretty bad there in the evening though. Maybe someone else will have a better plan, but this will get you started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I guess you could take the exit for Saggart at Rathcoole, follow the signs then for Tallaght and once through there look for signs for the East Link toll bridge.

However I don't know that the traffic inbound on the N7 would be heavy at that time of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

I'd normally go straight in, but I'm just concerned over this http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/news/story.asp?ID=1299
    Has anyone been in that way yesterday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

However I don't know that the traffic inbound on the N7 would be heavy at that time of the evening.

I'm working in Kill, and live in Glasnevin, so I'd normally take that route every evening.

Sometimes you can be lucky, and the only slowdown is on the final approach to the Red Cow, but I've seen tailbacks all the way to Rathcoole quite a few times any time between 5 PM and 6:30 PM, which would conceivably be the time when the OP would be in that area.

Having said that, I didn't dare take that route last night, instead cutting across to Celbridge from the N7, then through Lucan, Blanchardstown and home to Glasnevin. It took about 15 minutes extra, but it was plain sailing all the way.
    Quite a pleasant drive in the sunshine actually :D

Advertisement