Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using slingbox on 3 broadband

• 02-05-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Just wondering if naybody outthere knows about this ... what upstream speeds can we expect for 3 broadband package ... and do 3 block the use of slingbox devices on the network .? any nfo much appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

384kbps upstream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I've no idea about slingboxes performance.

But I have tested orb and found the picture stuttered too much to make viewing enjoyable. I assumed the bandwidwidth was too low for video. When I connect to the net via wifi on my phone video plays perfectly with no stuttering.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

leahcim wrote:
    I've no idea about slingboxes performance.

But I have tested orb and found the picture stuttered too much to make viewing enjoyable. I assumed the bandwidwidth was too low for video. When I connect to the net via wifi on my phone video plays perfectly with no stuttering.

thanks for nfo leahcim ;) ... interesting ... does a speedtest like speedtest.net always show a 384 kbits upstream .... or is it very elastic .... would the 3 network have controls to block servers such as slingbox / orb or is it free for all ... do ping tracert work on this network>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

On wifi my N95 displays ORB perfectly at 500kbps. However ORB on the 3 APN will not display video which I think comes from a restriction on the widerweb in 3Pay.

Interestingly the orb streaming speed test reports over 1200 kbps over 3G but over normal BB, my laptop will only report my NTL upload speed of 512kbps which further reinforces my thoughts on how 3 are deliberatly restricting the mobile broadband via threeiderweb. After all how canit achieve a speed test fo 1200kbps when my upload is only 512???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd wait for 3 Ireland to launch X-Series before messing about with Orb or Slingbox. It's not worth it otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement