Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running Sunglasses

• 02-05-2007 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Oh these fantastic sunny days warm days are great for strolling around in. But not ideal for long trainng runs or competitions.
    My eyes are sensitive to the sun. Was thinking or wearing sunglasses if conditions require them.
    Any members recommend wearing them? What good makes are out there and from where ? Are they secure to your eyes during training?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Oakleys are your only man for any runner/athlete and even though I don't have any scientific backup I reckon they may even make you run faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Abhainn wrote:
    Oh these fantastic sunny days warm days are great for strolling around in. But not ideal for long trainng runs or competitions.
    My eyes are sensitive to the sun. Was thinking or wearing sunglasses if conditions require them.
    Any members recommend wearing them? What good makes are out there and from where ? Are they secure to your eyes during training?

Cheers
    http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360021749
    Got a pair of these last week for cycling and they have been great. I've used them on road and off road and they don't move at all. The dark lenses are perfect for during the day and the blue lenses are great for the evening when the sun is low but not as strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

+1 for the oakleys. They are pricey but worth every cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

+2 fot the Oakleys!

i wear them running or sailing or whatever they are great at stopping glare even of the water and they just stick to you, feel like a part of you and your vision seems noral - just less bright:confused:

hard to explain its like wering no glasses and there being less sun:)

Any way they are good! Buy on line from US and try on here to save $$$$$$:cool:

I feel they make me run faster too;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Maui Jims!

The next generation in sun glasses...I may not be running faster but I'm running with style...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

+3 for oakleys.
    personally I don't like the M-frame type ones, I have the half jackets, which
    are comfy and look normal enough but don't quite have the same eye coverage
    as the m frame types.

I have a pair with 'transitions' lenses which seem to be working out ok both for running and on the bike. When it is dull or under tree cover they let in nearly all the light, when sunny they change to darker lenses to give you similar protection to normal lenses. The change is not noticeable at all
    when wearing them in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

yeah I think the half jackets look the best but didn't have enough eye coverage for me cycling so I got the pro m-frames. I got them in an oakley outlet store in the USA last year. I've just had a look at the oakley website and there appear to be some new styles for 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭ZiggyStardust

Hi, bought a pair of these Rydon Project ones last year and think they're brilliant. Use them running as well as on the bike. They don't slip or fog up which is what was annoying me before.
    I agree they are a must for these sunny evening, but also stops the small fly's and midgets on some of the trails from getting into your eyes.

http://www.irishfit.ie/rydon.htm

He has some good stuff on the irish fit website. Reasonable as well.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hi, bought a pair of these Rydon Project ones last year and think they're brilliant. Use them running as well as on the bike. They don't slip or fog up which is what was annoying me before.
    I agree they are a must for these sunny evening, but also stops the small fly's and midgets on some of the trails from getting into your eyes.

exactly, it's the feckin flies in the eyes that annoy me! I bought a cheapo pair of shades the other day (in Lifestyle), they seemed to have a good strong grip but I have a funny feeling they will still bounce a bit.haven't taken em out yet tho..will try em tonight.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go Oakley so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Many thanks folks. Seems that Oakleys wins it for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement