Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea crash

• 02-05-2007 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭

Please maintain a little dignity here if you are not a Chelsea fan as some of us are very worried this morning. A hellicopter reported to be carrying 5 top people including Roman, Kenyon and jose has crashed on its way back to London. Names are not 100% confirmed yet.

Same model as the one Harding was killed in and a similar style crash. More to follow, its on sky news now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

your source for this story is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

em, its all over sky news!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Interesting, it's not anywhere ion the sky news website.

EDIT: Just appeared there and said it has nothing to do with Chelsea.

Hopefully whoever was on the missing chopper is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They are all ok

Thank whatever god or gods you worship.

Eric Cantona in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Sky news. though no one confirmed its a chelsea chopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

businessman philip carter was on the helicopter,sky news say no club officials were on board

According to sky (watching it on tv) they were saying a Private Chelsea chopper had crashed near peterborough. Apparently Chelsea have said all officials are counted for.

Thanks christ for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

iregk wrote:
    em, its all over sky news!!!!

apologies, i would have thought it was a sport story rather than a news story, i checked sky sport and bbc sport and there was nothing about it.
    good to hear alls ok :o

at least the headlines will be about the football and not a tragedy...go on the reds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

iregk wrote:
    Apparently Chelsea have said all officials are counted for.

Thanks christ for that.

Yeah, people have probably died but don't worry, it's nothing to do with chelsea :rolleyes:

Yeah, people have probably died but don't worry, it's nothing to do with chelsea :rolleyes:

I think you've taken me up slight wrong here. Of course its still a horrible situation and hopefully nobody was killed in it. However i'm thankful that it wasn't another crash that our club has to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

SKY 'Journalism'

A helicopter went missing after taking off from John Lennon Airport in Liverpool last night.

'Journalist'
    Wait a minute....Chelsea probably own a helicopter.....
    Roman, would probably be in this helicopter that Chelsea could theoretically own...
    Well let me see....
    1) Could be coincidence
    2) Could be 7 hours of on the spot footage of John Lennon Airport ...oh yeah we could get our expert in helicopters in....I smell news award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When I read the title of the thread and the first line I thought it was gonna be about the inevitable demise of Jose and then the club itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Have to say some of the coments here are a bit.....ehh.

"Jesus, a chopper heading down south has crashed, hope its not the lads......ah jaysus thank god, its just some fellow Chelsea fans":confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

DaveMcG wrote:
    Thought this was gonna be about them crashing and burning out of the Champions League last night! :D

edit: it's okay to make jokes, nobody's dead.....

At time of writing 4 people missing so perhaps holding back on the 'jokes' is in order until they are found safe and sound.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I didn't look at this thread as I thought it'd be about Chelsea's quadruple not happening.

Terribly sad story, the fact that they didn't get a mayday is very hopeful. Hopefully everybody will be alright.

PHB wrote:
    the fact that they didn't get a mayday is very hopeful
    Is that another joke?

why would that be funny? A mayday call?

PHB wrote:
    why would that be funny? A mayday call?
    What day was yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

egan007 wrote:
    SKY 'Journalism'

A helicopter went missing after taking off from John Lennon Airport in Liverpool last night.

'Journalist'
    Wait a minute....Chelsea probably own a helicopter.....
    Roman, would probably be in this helicopter that Chelsea could theoretically own...
    Well let me see....
    1) Could be coincidence
    2) Could be 7 hours of on the spot footage of John Lennon Airport ...oh yeah we could get our expert in helicopters in....I smell news award

Exactly. Private aircraft heading south from Liverpool? I smell rich folk aligned with Chelsea. Nobodys seen Mourhinio or Abramovich since after the match? Bingo

OP, did they actually mention the top brass by name and say its possible theyre on board? If it did thats a feckin joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Taken from Sky News:

Four bodies have been found at the scene of a helicopter crash in which an honorary vice president of Chelsea FC is feared dead.

Businessman Phillip Carter Pic courtesy of BloombergThe Twin Squirrel helicopter was ferrying businessman Phillip Carter home from last night's Liverpool v Chelsea Champions League game when it disappeared from radar screens.

Mr Carter, 44, is worth £92m and is Britain's 770th wealthiest person, according to The Sunday Times Rich List.

The helicopter left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool last night and was heading to a private landing site near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, when it vanished.

The wreckage was found in woodland near Wansford, Cambridgeshire, not far from Mr Carter's home in Thornhaugh.

Police said the helicopter was largely intact and there was no obvious cause for the crash.

The pilot was named as Stephen Holdich, co-owner of operating company Atlas Helicopters.

Another passenger was named as Jonathan Waller.

Chelsea, who lost the semi-final match on penalties, have eight honorary vice presidents.

Earlier reports suggested officials from the club may have been on board.

Mr Carter is the founder of fast-growing training company Carter & Carter.

Emergency services at the scene of the crashFaye Adkin, who works from the company, said the helicopter was carrying Mr Carter, the pilot and two other passengers when it went missing.

:: Chelsea's vice-chairman Matthew Harding and four other men were killed in October 1996 as they returned from a Bolton Wanderers match.

They had been travelling on a Twin Squirrel helicopter, which plummeted to earth in farmland near Middlewich, Cheshire, following a Coca Cola Cup tie.

An inquest jury returned verdicts of accidental death after hearing that the pilot might have become disorientated flying at night with no autopilot, while trying to map-read and talk to air traffic control.

terribly sad

shane86 wrote:
    OP, did they actually mention the top brass by name and say its possible theyre on board? If it did thats a feckin joke.

Thats a cracking post regarding sky 'journalism' spot on.

Shane, they didn't on the website but while I was watching the news earlier just as the story broke they said something along this line: "sources say Roman... , Peter Kenyon, Bruce Buck and Jose Mourinho are likely to be the 4 envolved" Now I stopped watching after that so not sure if they back tracked (obviously they would have).

But whats madness is as far as I know Abramovic was in London last night, Buck is in the states, no idea about Kenyon but Jose now thats the strange one. John Lennon airport is about 25mins from Anfield. Jose was on the pitch at 10:30, invetviewed at 10:45 on tv so by the time the car got out of the crazy traffic/volume of people in and around the groud the earliest he could have gotten to the airport was about 11:45. No way could he have made the 11pm take off time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

BaZmo wrote:
    When I read the title of the thread and the first line I thought it was gonna be about the inevitable demise of Jose and then the club itself.

Exactly what I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Very sad news. RIP

TBH though, I dont know why people use helicopters to commute, there seems to be an awful lot of crashes. I wouldnt have thought they were great in iffey weather, and I'd say theres an awful lot ( not saying it was in this case at all) of rich people, when given a warning by pilots/air traffic control that weather is bad will tell the pilot to push on because they want to get home. Pewrsonnally a chopper, unless nessicary would be too much of a risk for me to use regualarly as a commuter vehicle (should I ever be rich ebough to afford it).

Advertisement