Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faithless live, and good?

• 02-05-2007 9:37am

...to be honest, always found their stuff a little pompous, like they were trying really hard to add mystery and depth. And fully expect the Marquee to be stuffed with screamning kids. But got tickets anyway, are they any good live?

(Edit) Incidentally, the title should read '...any good?'...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GarraiGamhain

Dreadul. Of all the big festvial dance acts they are by far the worst. Listen to their back catalogue and tell me one good track they have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Personally, I'm not a big fan of them; wouldn't buy an album, nor have I ever gone to a gig specifically to see them, but I've caught them live twice and both times enjoyed it. Once at Creamfields (Punchestown, 2002) and in Ibiza (Manumission) in 2005 - the Ibiza gig was amazing (they played at the start of a very long night) but in a club the size of Privilege, the atmosphere was always going to be incredible and admittedly I was very overexcited having just got off the plane that night so probably would have loved whoever was playing regardless. It was a good set though as I remember - built up nicely and was fairly banging by the end. Still not sure I'd bother buying tickets to see just them again, but I do think they're better as a live act than in the studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Dreadul. Of all the big festvial dance acts they are by far the worst. Listen to their back catalogue and tell me one good track they have?

Well then? Who do you reckon is top of the game when it comes to festival dance acts.

Faithless have plenty of top tracks in their back catalogue beyond their usual hits (Crazy English Summers, Angeline, Tarantula, Don't Leave).

They are one of the most important dance acts (live and otherwise) of the last ten years.

That aside, they put on a cracking live show. I saw them in Marley Park last Summer. I remember the rain drizzling down and the strobes lights flashing while Maxi Jazz sang "We come" and the crowd would roar "ONE!".

It was very atmospheric, Jazz has great stage presence.

Faithless do play up the mysticism card though; personally I think it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

They are pretty good live without being amazing.
    If they were playing at a venue near to me I would probably go to see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm with Jimmy81 they are not bad but ive seen a lot better and personally i wouldn't spend too much money going to see them, they wouldn't have a patch on the likes of Basement Jaxx live.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

jonny68 wrote:
    I'm with Jimmy81 they are not bad but ive seen a lot better and personally i wouldn't spend too much money going to see them, they wouldn't have a patch on the likes of Basement Jaxx live.;)

I saw Basement Jaxx too, they were good but Faithless were better. Mind you Faithless make better music so I suppose it is down to personal taste.

Both acts put on an energetic show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

From what I've heard Daft Punk are class, and I'm looking forward to seeing them at ****** again this year. I also thoroughly enjoy Groove Armada, though their new album is crap of the highest order. One gig I wish I could've seen in the last while is Lemon Jelly, though I guess they're not really a dance act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

SuprSi wrote:
    From what I've heard Daft Punk are class, and I'm looking forward to seeing them at ****** again this year. I also thoroughly enjoy Groove Armada, though their new album is crap of the highest order. One gig I wish I could've seen in the last while is Lemon Jelly, though I guess they're not really a dance act.
    From what I've experienced Daft Punk are class, though their Human After All album sounds like it was made in 6 weeks. ;)

Pendulum live was great... but only if you're up for a D&B drillfest. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

silvine wrote:

That aside, they put on a cracking live show. I saw them in Marley Park last Summer. I remember the rain drizzling down and the strobes lights flashing while Maxi Jazz sang "We come" and the crowd would roar "ONE!".

Seen them in Marley and at "Banned Kildare Music Festival That Used to be Called Witness" 2004. Kildare was amazing, 17 y/o, first weekend on the oul ;) , and after a dreadful weather weekend the sun finally broke for about 2 hours through the clouds as they played. Belter of a show, from the classics to the new stuff. Jazz had great crowd interaction, he had the whole crowd booing at the mention of Tony Blair and the Iraq war during the quiet part of the middle of Mass Destruction with all his "theres people watching on tv, tell Mr Blair what you think" talk :D IIRC rounded off the night with Felix Da Housecat playing in the dance arena (or was he the Saturday?). Animal weekend.

Marley was good, but didnt rate it as highly as the first. Didnt play their best mix of insomnia I dont think. Dancing in the rain added to the atmosphere though (mind you got an awful dose from it a few days later, in the middle of summer and all!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I saw Faithless at cream fields 2002 absolutely brilliant they were too.Not sure what their newer stuff is like.
    Basement jaxx are dire,,,bring back orbital or the prodigy when kieth danced,do not like his voice cause he has none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peter23

yea faithless are bad,they were discraceful at the first electric picnic had to run away,underworld were very good after them though,vitalic is the man to watch at a festival.

Advertisement