Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resaon for Strategy Exam Change

Options
  • 02-05-2007 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone was wondering why on earth the exam office would decide to change an exam with over 600 people sitting it from week 3 to week 1.

I had my strategy class on Monday and its the overall course co ordinator who teaches us and he was talking about the exam and he finished up by talking about the 'terrible timing' of the exam. He was going on about how with it being so late that it would be very difficult for the lecturers to get them corrected on time. Loh and behold the next evening the exam is shifted to week 1.

So its not just blantent incompetance by the exam office, its also UCD not giving a sh1t about foocking over 600+ students so 12 lecturers can mark the exam scripts at a leasurely pace. b@sterds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

nothing surprises me anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Jsut up on BB

Strategy back on 30th. Mistkae on final timetable

UCD consistently making an ass of itself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

If only that were the end of the cock-ups padser
    *see Hullaballoo's thread*

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

To be fair, the compulsory question has now been removed which should go some way to making things easier, even if the exam has been pushed forward by two weeks at the last minute.

thank god for that. now means we only have to concentrate on two themes if we want to!

• Advertisement

I've even heard conflicting reports over that. I've heard;
    a) Removal of the compulsory question isn't confirmed yet
    b) It is confirmed.

I presume I'll find out in Strategy lecture tomorrow morning, unless Faughey has left the country. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

check blackboard besty! was just confirmed! u know me, i dont like to gossip! i only refer to FACTS!

Thu, May 03, 2007 -- BMGT30200: Strategy Exam Paper
    As there has been much anxiety and stress caused by the uncertainty surrounding the date of this years Strategy exam. I have decided to remove the condition that question one on this summer’s exam paper be compulsory. That now means that you will be asked to answer any four from seven questions on the paper. It is hoped that this will go some way to alleviate the general level of anxiety as exam time approaches. I would also like to refer you again to this week’s slides, which show the three main themes from which two questions have been set for each theme, and finally one other question that will cover a key topic from the overall course. I am sure you will find this balanced and reasonable when you read the paper in the exam.

The Teaching Team and I wish you all the every best in the forthcoming exams.

Bernard Faughey
    BMGT 30200
    Course Coordinator

Like the man in the orthopaedic shoes, I stand corrected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

That helps a bit but...

I still have to sit TWO EXAMS WITH NO BREAK IN BETWEEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Any course that Bernard Faughey offers is questionable. He was the admin of the Management Principles & Business Organisation in first BComm/B&L/BCommIntl and the second half of the course was APPALLING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

UCD wrote:
    ... I would also like to refer you again to this week’s slides, which show the three main themes from which two questions have been set for each theme, and finally one other question that will cover a key topic from the overall course.

Is that supposed to be a hint, the three themes are the entire book?!

Still, I hate compulsory questions, nice to get rid of that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Any course that Bernard Faughey offers is questionable. He was the admin of the Management Principles & Business Organisation in first BComm/B&L/BCommIntl and the second half of the course was APPALLING.
    That class was pathetic. Nobody went but we all did the in class MCQs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Thats a load of cock. Getting rid of the compulsary question is pretty much no use if you want to get a high mark in the subject because
    a) you cant risk going in and having no choice
    b) we were pretty much told that linkages were important for high marks

So thats no use to most of us.

The students union should write an open letter to all secondary schools (or the careers teachers there) asking them to inform all their students filling out CAO forms around now abouot the cock ups going on in UCD these days.

I'd do it myself only for the fecking exams that are going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

padser wrote:
    The students union should write an open letter to all secondary schools (or the careers teachers there) asking them to inform all their students filling out CAO forms around now abouot the cock ups going on in UCD these days.

I'd do it myself only for the fecking exams that are going on.

Surely the SU should work on trying to fix it rather than just discouraging people outright to come to UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

So what chapters would you guys recommend.Come on help you fellow collegues :)
    I havent even started studing strategy properly, and of course dont know where to start :(

i'd say if u did two themes you're covered! look at the slides he went through.

Advertisement