Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sr Concepta

Options
  • 02-05-2007 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

St Concepta is a novice nun in the convent, she has been sent there to mend the error of her ways, while she is devoted to God, she sometimes curses too much.

The mother superior gives Sr Concepta a patch of ground to in order for her to sow some seeds etc and contemplate a more peaceful live.

Sr Concepta, pulls all the weeds using only her bare hands, two weeks later she gathers all the stones and makes a nice low wall to protect the plot against rabbits. Next she digs the plot, not once but twice and makes several rows of earth. Using her meagre pocket money, she orders some seeds and using a pencil makes little holes and drops the seeds in. She proceedes to put a marker at the end of each row saying what flowers are planted there.

Only after all this work does she stand back and admire her work. Just then a flock of crows appear and busily set about digging up the seeds. Sr Concept lost the rag, weeks of pent up frustration was released as she charged over to the plot waving a shovel in the air and screaming " fXXk offf, fXXk off you dirty bXXtards" and other expletives.

The mother superior whilst on her morning prayers heard this exchange and intervened, Sr Concepta tried to explain her actions, recalling all her hard labour, her efforts and the money she spent, but the mother superior was having none of it. "They are all gods creatures" she said.

Again Sr Concepta tried in vain to interject. The mother superior informed her that she should have said:

"Sho"

"Sho little birds"

and then they

would

"FXXk OFF"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

dulpit wrote:
    :confused:
    seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I got it. But perhaps needs a minor rewrite of the punchline....
    Again Sr Concepta tried in vain to interject. The mother superior informed her that she should have said:

"Schu schu little birds", and then they would have fXXked off".

It's funny because you would not expect the mother superior to use that language. Oh, and not sure on the spelling of the word 'schu' (pronounced 'shoe')...more of a sound than a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got it. But perhaps needs a minor rewrite of the punchline....

"Schu schu little birds", and then they would have fXXked off".

It's funny because you would not expect the mother superior to use that language. Oh, and not sure on the spelling of the word 'schu' (pronounced 'shoe')...more of a sound than a word.

Oh i got the joke, just failed to see the humour in it... To each their own i suppose..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got it as well. I just didn't find it that funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

soory, guys

i guess its just one of those jokes that sound better when your telling it!

i promise that the next one will be better!!

Advertisement