Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bad skin, wrinkles etc...

• 02-05-2007 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

hi, early 20's male here who's been plagued by bad skin all my life.

Acne mainly, dry sensitive skin after the treatment for acne, premature aging anf wrinkling due to the acne treatment and the dry skin.

Basically i need a bit of help.
    Im currently using clearasil and "simple" moisteuriser as my daily routine and it keeps me fairly spot free but really dries out my skin, causes redness and promotes wrinkle's. I've oftne been told i could pass for mid 30's im so wrinkly.

For any of you in the know about acne i was on roaccutane and then benzoyal peroxide for ages that destroyed my skin and made it looks way older, even if it did stop spots. I had seriously bad acne though so wrinkles are a lesser evil for sure

So anyway can anyone recommend some good skin proucts (washes, moisteurisers, night/day creams) that wont cause blocked pores, dry my skin, cause redness, and help prevent/reverse wrinkles?

Thanks a lot.
    I know this must sound very vain of me but it would be great to have half decent skin for once in my life. Probably wont happen though. It very depressing to be told you look 10yrs older than you are :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

L'Oreal have launched a load of new mens moisturisers so maybe you could try some of those.

Also try to exfoliate your face with a face scrub to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal new and brighter skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Hey,

Its really hard to recommend cleaners, creams etc as I find everyone skin is different and what suits my skin doesn't suit someone elses! If it is any help I use clinique or botanic (in boots) as I find it is gentle for sensitive skin and not too heavy that it causes blocked pores.

However, in terms of recommending a wrinkle cream - Boots no 7 Protect and Perfect Serum - has been recently shown to actually help wrinkles!!!

Link to article; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=445488&in_page_id=1879&ICO=FEMAIL&ICL=TOPART

However its sold out everywhere I've tried but keep an eye out for it when next in boots! I'd say the manufacturers have gone in to over drive so I would say there will be a large stock arriving to a boots near you soon!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

hi,
    the first thing you should do is stop using clearasil, it contains loads of alcohol which is probally dehydrating your skin.
    dehydrated skin is different than dry skin, dry skin is caused by lack of oil and doesnt usually cause premature wrinkles., dehydrated skin is caused by lack of water and usually goes hand in hand with acne.anything with high levels of alcohol or benzyl peroxide can cause dehydrated skin.
    dehydrated skin causes premature wrinkles so by the sounds of it, your skin is probally dehydrated.
    so when buying moisturisers go fro something for dehydrated skin rather than dry and see if this helps. drink at least 2 litres of water.
    if it is still not helping you should see a beuty therapist to analyse your skin and they can reccomend the best products for you to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hotlips_h

Hi slemons

Don't give up up hope! I wish I was in my 20s.

I totally agree with lezizi about alcohol. It is extremely harsh on your skin. You may find that you don't need a moisturiser at all once you eliminate alcohol.

Try reading the various Skin Care Battle Plans here:
    http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=29

I have found this to be very sound advice, particularly the BHA as an exfoliant for blemish-prone skin. I have also bought some of the products from the range and am very happy with them although it is the general advice which I'm recommending her most for.

As a cleanser, you might like to try Cetaphil which is a very mild cleanser which you can buy from any chemist.

And you should most definitely be using sunscreen every day to reduce the risk of future wrinkles from the sun's UVA rays.

(I have no connection with Paula's Choice. I am just a happy customer and found her Beauty Bible book to be very informative.)

Advertisement