Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AR15 Shotgun???

Options
  • 02-05-2007 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Was having a look on Egun.
    This is the newest thing from the US. A 410 cal only AR15 or CAR15.:eek:
    Two or ten shot mag,semi auto.
    A "Idonlikedelookodat"type gun that is actually legal here.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

any pics of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

A "Idonlikedelookodat"type gun that is actually legal here.
    They're all legal here CG, doesn't mean you'd ever get a licence for one.

Can't think why you'd need a CAR15 in .410 though - not unless you were an extra in 'The Birds' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

link
    www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1326918

Reckon it is a 243 lower with a outbored 6.5 Alex Arms barrel,or somthing like that.
    Why want one?Well considering in the EU the AR15 rifles are selling around 500/1000 Euros more than this.Some parts of the EU it is easier to own a shotgun than a rifle,
    And that in the UK semi auto rifles are banned,but not shotguns,it might be a way for practical rifle[shotguns with slugs]to stage a come back in the UK.
    Plus say shotgun rather than "evill black semi auto rifle "to ones Super and see how quicker you might get the liscense.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

And that in the UK semi auto rifles are banned
    Are you sure about that one , I'm pretty sure there is no restrictions on ruger 10/22 s or walther g22s or any of them . Heck, I was reading Gun Mart (english magazine) last night and a semi auto .223 Ar15 type semi auto caught my eye .

/Edit not to mention that shotguns in UK have a max magazine capacity of 2 rounds (+1 in chamber) so semi auto isnt really going to be that worth it. And the barrel of that thing appears to be under the UK limit of 61cm / 29 inches so that rules it out too. And "shotguns" with rifled barrels for slugs cannot be held under a shotgun license in the UK either. The UK system seems so much more set in stone compared to ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Are you sure about that one , I'm pretty sure there is no restrictions on ruger 10/22 s or walther g22s or any of them . Heck, I was reading Gun Mart (english magazine) last night and a semi auto .223 Ar15 type semi auto caught my eye .

/Edit not to mention that shotguns in UK have a max magasine capacity of 2 rounds (+1 in chamber) so semi auto isnt really going to be that worth it. And the barrel of that thing appears to be under the UK limit of 61cm / 29 inches so that rules it out too. The UK system seems so much more set in stone compared to ours.

Shotguns with a mag capacity of over 2 are legal you just need an FAC rather than an SGC

also the .223 would have been straight pull rather than semi.

• Advertisement

There were mostly straight pulls too but also a semi auto (perhaps it was an ad for a european company actually...). But anyway this is not the subject of this thread.

/Edit not to mention that shotguns in UK have a max magazine capacity of 2 rounds (+1 in chamber) so semi auto isnt really going to be that worth it. And the barrel of that thing appears to be under the UK limit of 61cm / 29 inches so that rules it out too. And "shotguns" with rifled barrels for slugs cannot be held under a shotgun license in the UK either. The UK system seems so much more set in stone compared to ours.

As Vegeta said ,more than three shots is a FAC weapon.Any semi auto or pump action weapon above 22lr with a rifled barrel is illegal in the UK since 1989.Plus most practical shotguns in the UK are FAC weapons,so the slug situation falls away,not to mind they can be fired from smoothbores as well. The Barrel,well ASFIK the UK allowed a barrel length of under 24ins,think it is 16ins.I was think more of the practical competitions with a better choice than an awkward straight pull rifle.

Doubt that a Europen company would advertise a semi auto rifle for sale in the UK.Only one that I can see in the Gunmart this month is the Saiga 12 and that is a 12GA semi auto shotgun.

I know little of the UK system outside what I read :o
    Had a look back at the ad and it was english but the semi auto was a .22lr so that would explain it , it was a slightly older issue of it. Me and my head have serious communication problems :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mickeyr1

if you have an intrest in the car 15 shotgun have a look at the saiga 12 i would be tempted to up grade i would bet it wont cost as much as the car 15or beretta extrema

The Saiga 12 is appx £1200STG.If you can get one! There is a better one,that is almost custom made for practical shotgun and " Midnite attitude re adjusting.";) :D

Called the Molot Veper 12,
    Evvill, black mag box loaded ,10 shot12 ga ,folding stock,pictanny rails all over the place,rifle sighted,muzzle braked,which is removeable/interchangeable shotgun.It is made by Izamash[sic] weapons company in Russia.Which is the second largest arms maker there.
    It has a few nicer features than the Saiga12,like a bolt hold open after last shot,a more easier to operate saftey.Which on an AK style gun is a great help.Plus it doesnt have the typical rock the mag in then lock it,typical of all aK style weapons.About 1300Euros.

BTW the CAR/AR 410.I have found out is not made at all in the US.It is made in Turkey by Safir arms.
    Hmm,wonder if you could reg it as a shotgun and then later by buying a rifle upper as a rifle as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement