Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leisure cycling on a Saturday Sunday

Options
  • 02-05-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

hi l am just looking for contact with people that may be interested in cycling on a Saturday or Sunday nothing to hard a flat run would be great currently cyle with a group every second Saturday but want a group that may cycle on a Saturday or Sunday can anyone advise? thanks l am living in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

l am living in Dublin
    Dublin is a big county, where exactly are you starting from?
    What time/distance length are your current cycles?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

l am living IN santry Dublin 9 current cycles are about 5/6 hrs on A Saturday generally to Kilcock and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

hi l am just looking for contact with people that may be interested in cycling on a Saturday or Sunday nothing to hard a flat run would be great currently cyle with a group every second Saturday but want a group that may cycle on a Saturday or Sunday can anyone advise? thanks l am living in Dublin

Years ago I went out once on a run with this crowd: http://homepage.eircom.net/~ctc/

At the time they did regular weekend runs from the Phoenix park to Kilcock and back. I see that their website hasn't been updated for years, so they may not be active anymore. You could give their secretary a ring to see if they still go out (IIRC emailing didn't work at the time).

hi thanks for that cycle with them to kilcock already theye are not ctc any more they just cycle as a group wish l had posted this earlier took forever to find that website put an ad here and someone advises me straight away

You might find a ride on Paul Kavanagh's calendar that you could join up with.

For my Wicklow 200 training I've just been going off cycling by myself, armed with some Ordnance Survey Discovery series maps. The tiny regional roads that I've been on have decent surfaces and very low traffic levels.

• Advertisement

hi thanks for that have to say that l am more into leisure cycling and not competitive cycling as l am not that fit just want to cycle with a few people that are interested in cycling on a Saturday/ Sunday Morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

Hi!

I would join you in some of those morning cyclings. more for leisure than competition. as i used to compete years ago.
    i live in the glasnevin cemetery area and would like to do some leisure routes the weekends and maybe some of the weekday evenings too as i recently brought my bike from home.

Let me know.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Me too but what's your average speed and what kind of distances are you doing? Don't want to be dropped in a group of 3 :o

hi would like to try some quiet flat roads or would also be interested in some of the cycle tracks in Dublin the one from clontarf to howth is good have a Mountain bike myself and am really not looking for anything competitive eveing cycling would be good also now that the weather is nice and eveings are long pm us if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

ok thanks. I'm living in Swords and want hills hills hills. Nothing but flat around me and I need to train for the Wicklow 200. Did 110 kms last weekend in 5 hours and need to build up my long distance stamina.

• Advertisement

Hungrycol wrote:
    ok thanks. I'm living in Swords and want hills hills hills. Nothing but flat around me and I need to train for the Wicklow 200. Did 110 kms last weekend in 5 hours and need to build up my long distance stamina.
    My hill training for the Wicklow 100 last year was Howth, Howth, Howth. I was out there recently as part of my Wicklow 200 training. Cycle up from south side and down into the village, u-turn and up from the village. The hill from the village is tough. The long downhill on the other size is a nice 'dessert'.

i have a racing bike and sounds good the trip from clontarf to howth. i wouldn't be able to ride for 110 km right now as i would need to lose about 20 kilos for that!!!hahahaha

would i could consider for next months as i will be fitter!!jejeje

could do the clontarf to howth cycle path some evening if you are interested hopefully find someother people as well

what about this saturday? about 12ish pm? we can have rest on sat after a week in the job and enjoy a trip and the good weather if there is any!!!hopefully.

hope to see more replies from more people

THis Saturday is not good for me as l have to head west the following Saturday l am cycling to Kilcock if you want to come an eveing would be better for me or on Saturday 2 weeks its not a long cycle

any evening next week would be nice

great as long as we have weather like today it would be good how about tuesday eveing ? what time suits you l workin in East point so l am beside start of cycle route

tuesday, suits me, no problem. i finish at 4pm, and cycle to work everyday too,so could drop my stuff at home and by in clontarf road by 5 pm.

that is good will see you there on Tuesady so, maybe we could start a new thread for people that may want to do same on Tuesday there is a seating area beside the bay at junction of clontarf road and the road down to East point we could meet there if you want at 5pm

alright. sounds. 5pm tuesday next week.
    see you there

• Advertisement

i'll be there. see you then

yes l will be there as well hopefully it will be a nice sunny evening knowing my luck it will not be

There is a seating area beside the bay at junction of clontarf road and the road down to East point
    The seating area is quite nice. Use Satellite view to see it.
    (I won't be joining you, just posting so everyone knows the location you are talking about)

HI erizo will not be cycling this eveing as its to cold for my liking plus l am in the process of finishing a move can we make it another time sorry bout this

alright. seems there is no other chance.talk to you then.

anyway, if someboyd would like to join me this evening, let me know.

HI Erizo would u be interetsed in that cycle tomorrow at 5pm?

HI anyboby interetsed in a cycle from clontarf to howth and back this weekend? are some thing around that general area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Sorry, I have something on that day....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

sure head off on your own buddy. It only takes about an hour out and back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

I live in Swords also, haven't as yet collected the bike but i'll be using it as a way to rest my ankles from running so i'll need to be out for hours and hours. and i'll only be learning (cycling roadcraft, the actual cycling I should remember) so it'd be a benefit i think to learn from others example.

Swords sucks for any kind of training, despite the big vally through it its flat as a pancake. I once ran a loop taking in all the bypass pedestrain bridges but they were crap and the deck was in a crap state. crap. =] So i'm game ball if ye organsie something.

Advertisement