Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone RTG Upgrade Credit Halved* !

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

Maddzy wrote:
    Nah with Vodafone you can upgrade as many phones as you want but it has to be one phone every 30 days.
    that's what i said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

As far as I know for the O2 upgrades the credit is drip fed over a number of months, e.g. €40 credit is done over 4 months with €10 each month. If you do an upgrade 2 months in a row I'm nearly sure the secind upgrade credit doesn't kick in until after the first run of free credit runs it's course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

( . )( . ) wrote:
    drdre, you register a phone every 30 days on vodafone, so you could say buy 3 phones today but you'd have to reg them in 30 day interval's, or just buy a phone every 30 days then register it when the 30 days past from the last one.
    Perfect info,thats exactly what i needed to know

As far as I know for the O2 upgrades the credit is drip fed over a number of months, e.g. €40 credit is done over 4 months with €10 each month. If you do an upgrade 2 months in a row I'm nearly sure the secind upgrade credit doesn't kick in until after the first run of free credit runs it's course.
    that's right...

if you buy two phones today which both offer 60 credit with them, you can reg the two of them today and you'll get €10 credit each month for 12 months.

( . )( . ) wrote:
    that's right...

if you buy two phones today which both offer 60 credit with them, you can reg the two of them today and you'll get €10 credit each month for 12 months.

Sounds interesting but can you register the 2 on the same sim card.Will o2 not care or will they track you down for this as they know that the phones will be sold and credit used? :confused:

• Advertisement

yeah 1+ on the same sim card. they don't assume the phones will be sold on.

all i can say i've being doing this for the last 2/3 years. although i have not done it on o2 in a good while.

it's not like it's wrong, it's just taking advantage of their system :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Meteors rules for upgrades:

"You must be active for at least 90 days on the Meteor network before you can register for free upgrade call credits and you need to leave 90 days between each subsequent registration for upgrade call credit."

( . )( . ) wrote:
    yeah 1+ on the same sim card. they don't assume the phones will be sold on.

all i can say i've being doing this for the last 2/3 years. although i have not done it on o2 in a good while.

it's not like it's wrong, it's just taking advantage of their system :)

Yeah i have done it in the past alot but not on a regular basis.But im thinking of cutting my bill phone and just using free credit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Is there any Irish equivalent of the online mobile phone retailers now operating in the UK (I'm thinking of e2save or phoneboxdirect)? Those guys offer cashback deals that get you decent handsets with monthly minutes and texts included, and minimal monthly costs over a 12-month contract. They seem to be rendering prepay pretty much obsolete, but they only work with UK networks.

Any equivalent here or are we just being milked for cash as per usual?

Is there any Irish equivalent of the online mobile phone retailers now operating in the UK (I'm thinking of e2save or phoneboxdirect)? Those guys offer cashback deals that get you decent handsets with monthly minutes and texts included, and minimal monthly costs over a 12-month contract. They seem to be rendering prepay pretty much obsolete, but they only work with UK networks.

Any equivalent here or are we just being milked for cash as per usual?

No equilvalent here.Just rip off prices from the dealers in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

( . )( . ) wrote:
    that's what i said...

We posted at the same time, you just hit submit while I was watching telly :P

Maddzy wrote:
    We posted at the same time, you just hit submit while I was watching telly :P
    no, i posted 3 minutes before you made your post :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

( . )( . ) wrote:
    if your not aware of this, you will be now. vodafone use to give €80 credit with any upgrade (could be new phones too) payg phone. but now if you buy any phone under €99 you only get €40 credit.

just taught i'd post this up.

edit - this happened about 3 weeks ago.

I am guessing this was possibly done as some folk may have been buying phones for €100, availing of the €80 credit and selling the handset on for €60 or €70 euro on ebay or buy and sell.. I am just guessing that something like may be the reason and going by a few comments I have read here on boards in recent months, the practise seems to be common enough. It's fair game if Vodafone knew this was happening and made some changes to prevent it from keep on happening.

Am I correct in assuming that the €80 is still available on more expensive handsets?

Edit: really should have bothered reading the rest of the thead before posting lol

I am guessing this was possibly done as some folk may have been buying phones for €100, availing of the €80 credit and selling the handset on for €60 or €70 euro on ebay or buy and sell.. I am just guessing that something like may be the reason and going by a few comments I have read here on boards in recent months, the practise seems to be common enough. It's fair game if Vodafone knew this was happening and made some changes to prevent it from keep on happening.

Am I correct in assuming that the €80 is still available on more expensive handsets?

Edit: really should have bothered reading the rest of the thead before posting lol

Yep 80 euro does come with expensive headsets

Just found this guy selling a sim with 120 credit for approx 25 euro
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190114731031&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ::1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

those numbers just dont stack up, Voda sim cards dont come pre-loaded with that kind of credit.

Since the sim was registered online, it means you have to do a change of name etc and will have problem accessing customer care etc..

Bottom line, someone had to pay for that credit and selling it for 20 wont make a profit unless the deal is dodgy.

Worse off, buyer beware , if Voda do decide that these are fraudulent, say bye bye to credit.

You know what they say about a deal thats too good to be true eh?

detritus wrote:
    those numbers just dont stack up, Voda sim cards dont come pre-loaded with that kind of credit.

Since the sim was registered online, it means you have to do a change of name etc and will have problem accessing customer care etc..

Bottom line, someone had to pay for that credit and selling it for 20 wont make a profit unless the deal is dodgy.

Worse off, buyer beware , if Voda do decide that these are fraudulent, say bye bye to credit.

You know what they say about a deal thats too good to be true eh?

You can change the name easily.Im thinking of getting one of these sims.It has 50 credit on it and 10 every month.

Advertisement