Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling USA from Mobile. Help!!!

• 02-05-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Looking for advice on a cheaper method of calling a mobile in the USA from a mobile in Ireland. Recently set up a small start up and a lot of interest from North America, however a 30 minute call on 3 last night cost just under €40. Can anyone pease advise me of my options for cheaper calls. I currently use a 6680 and a 6233. Is skype an option. I do not have the broadband add on from 3. Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

land line maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

www.13434.ie

I use them and find them great. You just dial a dublin geographic number then the call is at normal voip rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I second Akula's advice. Assuming you have a broadband connection, Skype is also an excellent choice, though it is important to use a high quality handset or headset with it to sound professional (mot built in microphones aren't that great).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HereForDarts

Does your tariff include calls to the UK?

If so, call 0044 845 2441441, and then dial in the American number. This way the call will be part of your inclusive minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you could put fring on your mobile. it lets you access skype from your phone. you'd have to get the big data add on of course

• Advertisement
Advertisement