Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new phones on meteor prepay

• 02-05-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭

meteor have added the sony ericsson k550i and the nokia 6300 to their prepay phones

which one to go for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Personally, I'd go for the 6300. Wasn't a huge fan of the K550i. Bit fiddly on the buttons front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Get the Sony Ericsson W810i. Don't like the buttons on the K550i at all. The Nokia 6300 is nice - but W810i's the one to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Gots to love that.

What do I get? The 6300 or the K550i? Answer: The W810i.

It's a great phone, lads, but it's not the only good one out there. It's a good bit bigger than both phones mentioned so he could be looking for a smaller phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ha ha, had been originally thinking of getting the w810i before the other two went on pre-pay. had discounted it, tho' I'll look at it again.

the buttons on the k550i do look awkward being so small. Camera isn't supposed to be as good as the k750i (I s'pose I could get the red k750i and change the casing)

camera on the 6300 isn't supposed to be great and reading some reviews battery life is not so hot either.

(and to complicate matters, I'm looking at a car tonight that as far as I know, has a nokia car kit already installed. If I was to get that car, I'd have to get a compatible nokia phone.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Some of these new Nokias have a smaller power plug, and probably the other connections too.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is it me or is meteors selection of phones quite poor in comparison to the other operators, or is their catalogue out of date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

the new nokias utilise a smaller power adapter jack and utilise mini-USB connectors for connection to laptop/PC etc.

The camera on the 6300 seemed fine to me and the screen quality is very good. Not sure about overall battery life though i didnt think it wore down particulary fast, especially considering how much usage it gets when you are testing them lol.

The keypad on it however i found to be very easy to use and very responsive unlike many others which are hard to press accurately or at speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

Call_me_al wrote:
    is it me or is meteors selection of phones quite poor in comparison to the other operators, or is their catalogue out of date?
    Meteor have no 3G network, so they only use non 3G phones.
    That's the main difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

niallb wrote:
    Meteor have no 3G network, so they only use non 3G phones.
    That's the main difference.
    they have a 3g license and some of their phones are 3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

License yes, but it's recent.
    No 3G network is what I said.
    I hope that changes.

I'm due an upgrade, and was going to get the K550i which at least has EDGE,
    but obviously I'd rather have a 3G handset and be more futureproof.

Which of their phones are 3G?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

niallb wrote:
    Which of their phones are 3G?
    when i wrote that i thought there were more but its only the 6233 on bill pay

Advertisement